Electrode Manufacturing Technician- 1st Shift
Natron Energy is seeking an Electrode Manufacturing Technician to join our Operations Team to assist in the manufacturing of battery cells. The occupant of this position will be involved in slurry mixing and electrode coating. Qualified applicants will have prior hands-on lab experience, preferably in the field of batteries or Roll-to-Roll manufacturing. This is a hands-on position working in a lab environment. The person for this position has a positive, team-first attitude, carefully follows instructions and SOPs, is meticulous and detail oriented, and is willing to learn and master new skills. The person will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Handling raw materials such as chemicals and battery electrodes
- Clean, maintain, and prepare equipment for manufacturing and experimental processes.
- Participate in electrode manufacturing processes according to SOP, potentially including: Mixing electrode slurries from raw materials, Operation of slot die coating process.
- Work with the team to help identify opportunities for process improvement and conduct occasional experiments
- Support development of new processes and products at both a pilot line and manufacturing level
- Maintain commitment to safety, quality, and continuous improvement
- Complete production documentation and support transfer of materials to next stage of processing
Skills & Experience:
- More than 3 years of experience following and executing SOPs in a pilot or full-scale manufacturing plant that includes the use of material processing equipment and chemical handling.
- Commitment to developing and supporting a cohesive team as well as an effective and healthy work environment.
- Hands on laboratory or production experience working with materials and chemicals.
- Prior battery experience in full scale, pilot or lab settings is preferred.
- Roll-to-roll processing experience is preferred.
- Careful and meticulous when working with samples and when entering data.
- Hands-on and an ability to thrive in a multi-tasking environment
- This is a full time, permanent position.
- Employees must work on site in Holland.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to operate and handle power tools.
- No physical limitations to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including respirators when required.
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org