Sr Commercialization Manager
Chicago, IL /
Project Management /
Nature’s Fynd is a groundbreaking food tech company born out of NASA-supported research on extremophiles in the geothermal pools of Yellowstone National Park. Our novel fermentation technology produces a sustainable source of complete protein using only a fraction of the resources required by traditional agriculture. As the challenge to feed the world’s expanding population grows, our mission is to create amazing foods and materials that provide sustainable choices and nurture the planet.
We’re looking for passionate, driven, and ambitious people to join our fast-growing team.
The Sr Commercialization Manager will play a crucial role in managing the strategy and execution of key business operations. The commercialization management function is responsible for carrying out the innovation pipeline in line with the strategic objectives of the business. In addition to managing projects, this role will develop and implement processes to optimize business efficiencies and enhance organizational performance.
The Sr Commercialization Manager will be the cross-functional leader of the project teams, balancing speed-to-market with risk management and cost optimization to deliver projects with excellence. This function will also need to be adaptable in order to find, communicate, and sometimes fill new or unforeseen needs for the business. This high-visibility role will play a critical part in empowering the aggressive growth trajectory of Nature’s Fynd on our path to revolutionizing the food industry.
This position is located at our headquarters in Chicago, IL.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Track and manage innovation and base business projects from the exploratory phase through to launch
- Lead project team meetings, manage timelines, and own cross-functional communication on projects
- Ensure pipeline of projects is aligned with corporate strategy
- Ensure cross-functional key action items are being completed by the indicated deadlines
- Define and escalate cross-functional project risks and mitigation strategies to the exec team
- Enable and accelerate decision making for project teams to remove obstacles within a project
- Manage the packaging graphics approval process for all product packaging
- Manage a subset of operations and cost optimization projects
- Support process improvement projects for the organization
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, operations, or a related business field
- Minimum of 7+ years of project management experience is required
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant work experience, which could include research & development, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and/or operations is required
- Knowledge and expertise of New Product Development / stage gate processes is required
- Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Food industry experience is highly preferred
- Experience with project management software is required
- Experience with contributing to or managing master data, ERP systems, and specification systems is preferred
- Great communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Enthusiastic about driving the project teams towards successful outcomes
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to meet deadlines
- Curious, creative, and capable of finding, defining and solving problems quickly
- Versatile, nimble, and willing to wear “multiple hats” within the organization
- Participation in Employee Stock Ownership Program
- 100% paid employee benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous Parental leave policy
- Opportunity to join a company with an aggressive growth trajectory that will revolutionize multiple industries
- Engaging and dynamic work culture full of innovation and collaboration with your fellow Fynders
Commitment To Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, And Belonging:
- Nature’s Fynd views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law