Staff Software Engineer, Quality Assurance Lead
San Carlos, CA /
Software & Bioinformatics /
At Nautilus, we have a big and important mission: improve the health of millions by unleashing the potential of the proteome to accelerate drug development and enable a new world of precision and personalized medicine. We are developing a single-molecule protein analysis platform of unprecedented sensitivity, scale, and ease of use that we believe will democratize access to the proteome – one of the most dynamic and valuable sources of biological insight. To accomplish this, we are pursuing hard scientific problems with an entrepreneurial mindset and creating a world-class team of builders, innovators, and dreamers across a wide range of disciplines.
We are seeking a highly experienced and talented Staff Software Engineer, Quality Assurance professional to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of our software systems, instrument and applications, working closely with our development team to identify and address any issues or defects, and implementing best practices for testing and quality assurance.
This position will report to the Director of Software Engineering and is located in either San Carlos, CA. A minimum of three days in office, preferred.
- Develop and implement testing strategies and processes for all software systems, instrument, and applications.
- Work with the development team to ensure that software design and coding standards are met.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that software solutions meet business needs and customer requirements.
- Create and maintain automated test suites, scripts, and tools.
- Analyze test output, report issues, and recommend software improvements.
- Manage and track testing activities, including identifying and tracking defects and test deficiencies.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, and other team meetings.
- Continuously improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of testing processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in software quality assurance, software development, or a related role.
- Experience with robotics, mobile, instrumentation of embedded software testing highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, JUnit, or TestNG.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Nautilus Team Culture
- We are curious go-getters: this is a team of life-long learners who aren’t afraid to tackle the big challenges while continuously pushing ourselves forward
- We are detail oriented: we do great science by working smart and with diligence, and by learning from our mistakes
- We are easy to work with: we want our workplace to be one where everyone can share their perspective and be treated with respect and kindness
$195,000 - $240,000 a year
The hiring pay range for this position is based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role; title may be assessed one level lower or higher, accordingly. Other components of total compensation include a competitive options grant at the time of hire (with potential for additional grants).
Benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance, group and supplemental life insurance, 401k retirement plan, responsible (unlimited) paid time off, parental leave, and more.