Product Manager (DC or SF)
Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for a Product Manager to drive our vision forward.
You'll help us execute on our mission of reimagining the digital services our government provides. Working directly with government and across Nava’s engineering, design, and business teams, you’ll create experiences that improve the lives of millions of Americans. You care deeply about end users, and are passionate about crafting simple and usable solutions.
You’ll be responsible for being the market expert for our products, deeply understanding our end users and populations we serve, collaborating with leadership to understand and improve our product vision, actively communicating and pitching our vision to the Nava product team and government partners, and making sure the company is executing in the chosen product development direction.
What you'll do
- Align and organize the Nava cross-functional product team (engineering, design, product, business) against goals and priorities
- Define the direction for our projects by assembling a clear case, combining user research, metrics, market research, technology considerations, and more
- Proactively socializing, iterating, and building buy-in for product initiatives with the team, government partners, and other contractors
- Collaborating with the project management team to prioritize roadmap and inbound units of work
- Based on high level product direction and research, writing tactical user stories that structure our path towards a product that is maximally aligned with user needs
- Proactively gathering requirements, explicit and implicit, from our government partners and other contractors
- Represent Nava’s outcome-centric and user-centric approach in discovery meetings with agencies and contractors
- Understand and communicate the needs of end users and population segments we serve and government partners we work with
- Measure product progress towards business goals or user needs and translate data insights into action
- Make tactical decisions to improve the design, define requirements, and generate stakeholder buy-in for our desired path forward
What we're looking for
- At least two years of experience as a Product Manager of a cross-functional team
- Experience running and/or shipping consumer web applications
- Ability to generate very strong product plans and build buy-in across the team, our government partners, and other contractors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical, user experience, and project management tradeoffs; enthusiastic communicator
- Strong bias towards action; ability to step up into team gaps and ambiguous situations to structure the team’s action plan
- Ability to execute with incomplete information; great product instincts and an ability to create order from divergent needs
- Ability to define a product objective, and logically reverse engineer the path and communications to achieve the objective
- Ability to identify market trends and shifts that will affect product direction, and updating plans based on future expectations
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset
- If located in SF, travel to DC is required once a month
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous compensation and equity packages and value a healthy work/life balance.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.