Nava Roles - Delivery – Program Management /
Nava is a consultancy and public benefit corporation working to make government services simple, effective, and accessible to all. Since 2013, federal, state, and local government agencies have trusted Nava to build transformative digital services to help people access public benefits. Meeting our mission is an opportunity to restore trust between people and public institutions. We focus on populations that are the least protected because the stakes are higher.
As a client services company, we work with government agencies to improve how people apply for benefits, navigate their health care, and more. We bill for our time, selling our expertise and problem-solving methodology to government clients. Our clients hire us to help improve their products and services so that their users and beneficiaries have a better customer experience.
These end-users—the humans who benefit from our work—are at the core of everything we do. We research beneficiaries’ needs to help our government clients better deliver on their missions, providing everyone at Nava opportunities to do meaningful, impactful work.
Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for a Program Manager to lead the delivery and client engagement efforts on a group of strategic contracts.
At Nava, members of the Program leadership team are responsible for client trust and relationships, team clarity and health, staffing, contract management / profit & loss, and organic growth. Details are in the What You'll Do section below.
Nava's Program Manager’s have 5+ years of experience overseeing delivery outcomes and client relationships for a set of small- to medium-sized projects to create positive delivery environments.
What You’ll Do
- Exceed the expectations of our government partners by cultivating strong, trusting relationships and maintaining high situational awareness at the agency level
- Proactively detect risks and work collaboratively with the delivery team and program stakeholders to effectively resolve them (issues can span delivery, process, culture, expectation setting, staffing, contract milestones, finances)
- Engage our clients on a continuing basis to ensure their needs are met or exceeded, understand their vision, collaboratively solve issues, and communicate our progress transparently
- Maintain awareness of the broader project landscape and potential for new opportunities and risks and grow your portfolio accordingly with surge contract line item numbers (CLINs), option years, and negotiations with prime contractors
- Collaborate across projects and across the organization to proactively anticipate and solve problems across delivery
- Support the creation of delivery environments built on mutual trust between government partners and our team
- Scale efforts through a team of project managers and other functional delivery leads
- Manage all the contracts and finances within your portfolio in coordination with the finance team and coordinate necessary contract modifications
- Set and uphold standards for delivery excellence and client service
- Apply Nava's policies and guidance at the program level (E.g. utilization guidance)
- Participate in developing on and delivering company objectives and key results
- Must have experience with Custom Software or Cloud infrastructure programs/projects
- Ability to demonstrate experience leading projects with significant complexity, including managing milestones, dependencies, and integrations with significant risk, uncertainty or scale
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience using agile frameworks like scrum, kanban, or SAFe and familiarity with agile development practices such as continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You are an empathetic communicator and relationship builder – you take a service-oriented approach to supporting the program team and our clients.
- Adaptable problem solving and ability to deal with multi-dimensional challenges involving many organizations, processes, cultures, and technologies.
- You are highly organized and care deeply about building and growing a sustainable, culture-conscious business.A strategic approach to delivery planning and contract management over the medium-term and long-term.
- An iterative approach to execution that emphasizes rapid team progress.
- Ability to maintain broader situational awareness beyond the immediate team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with both the use and management of Jira and Confluence
- Project management in a government contextTrack record of introducing and expanding agile transformation and pursuing best practices in project management with clients and stakeholders
- Experience managing projects that provide production operations and support alongside ongoing product/feature development
- Experience launching new production systems with high public visibility in a fast-changing regulatory environment
Compensation: $140k-$160k DOE
● Must have lived in the United States for at least three (3) of the past five (5) years.
● An active green card or citizenship is required.
● Candidates who are offered a job with Nava must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
● Offer of hire is contingent upon completion of a background check that includes a criminal record history review.
● Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Perks working with Nava
● Your well-being is important to us, so we offer highly competitive benefits for medical, dental, and vision
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 12 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● Sabbatical Leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1,000 new home office set up budget, monthly phone allowance
● Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities (where applicable)
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget, on top of a LinkedIn Learning license
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Commuter Benefits
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death Insurance
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
You can work in a hybrid work arrangement from one of Nava’s offices in NYC, DC, or San Francisco. We also have fully remote options if you reside in one of the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.