Brand & Communication Designer (DC, SF, NYC, Remote)
Open to any office location/Remote /
Nava Roles - Delivery – Creative / Design /
Nava is looking for a Communication/Brand Designer to join our team. In this role, you’ll develop and manage Nava's brand to express our value proposition and reach our target audiences. You will be responsible for developing our identity system and applying it across external and internal communications channels to ensure we are consistently on brand and delivering experiences that align with Nava's vision.
What you'll do
- Develop Nava's brand identity system consistently across mediums; drive adoption across the company. Manage brand assets such as Nava's brand mark, style guides, templates, illustrations, and photography.
- Manage Nava's comprehensive brand strategy, including brand positioning, brand characteristics, research-based audience segmentation, competitive or landscape research, and brand and identity usage guidelines.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure staff understand the needs and goals of our audiences. Deliver creative strategies that meet those goals, and implement them across all channels including print, web, email, social media, and events.
- Contribute to Nava's marketing strategy and plan to raise visibility, awareness, and preference for Nava.
- Contribute to experience design for external and internal events.
- Help with visual and communication design needs on project work as needed.
What we're looking for
- 4+ years design experience, with branding, design firm, or ad agency strongly preferred.
- A strong foundation in visual design, typography, layout, grid systems, and concept development.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat), gDrive (Slides, Docs, and Sheets) and Figma.
- Experience with developing brand strategy and creating artifacts which clearly communicate the essence of a company's brand strategy.
- A track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to keep an eye on the big picture while managing the details.
- Exceptional attention to detail, multi-tasking, initiative, and follow-through skills.
- Effectively communicates and works well in a remote/distributed team environment.
- Values honesty and openness. Actively seeks out feedback.
Please include a portfolio with your application. Applications without an online portfolio will not be considered.
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous benefits and equity.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.