Designer / Frontend Engineer (DC, SF, NYC)
Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for experienced designers and developers to help drive this mission forward.
You will work on small teams to build scalable infrastructure for our government -- designing, implementing, and delivering services that millions of Americans depend on. You care deeply about working on technology that affects people’s lives, and are passionate about building large-scale systems that are well-designed, fast, scalable, and secure.
What you'll do
- Design and build large-scale web services, with multidisciplinary Nava product teams
- Collaborate with government staff and other contractors to invent, implement, and deploy new systems and improvements to existing systems
- Work to drive ideas from concept to production, from sketching and wireframing to implementation and launching to production
What we're looking for on the design side
- Experience designing consumer-facing web services used by diverse audiences
- Deep understanding of web and mobile user interface design and best practices
- Ability to drive product vision and iterate on loosely scoped, evolving projects
- Equal parts systems thinker and advocate for users
What we're looking for on the front-end engineering side
- At least one year of experience working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment developing medium or large scale web applications
- Some experience with any front-end framework such as Angular, React, Backbone, or Ember
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and positive mindset
- Ability to think holistically around engineering issues
- Tenacity to dive into problems and iterate in working code
- Excellent attention to detail around user experience and code cleanliness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- If located in SF or NYC, travel to DC is required
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous compensation and equity packages and value a healthy work/life balance.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.