Open to any office location/Remote /
Nava Roles - Delivery – Program Management /
Nava is a public benefit corporation, which means we have a social mission written into our founding charter. The people who work at Nava have a fiduciary duty to our stated mission: to improve access, effectiveness, and simplicity of government services.
As a professional services firm, we achieve our mission by partnering with government clients at the state and federal levels. We bill for our time, selling our expertise and problem-solving methodology to government clients who hire us to help improve their products and services so that their users and beneficiaries have a better experience.
These end-users — the humans who benefit from our work — are at the core of everything we do. They inspire and motivate us. Working with our government clients to align their goals with their beneficiary's needs enables them to better deliver on their mission and provides everyone at Nava opportunities to do meaningful, impactful work.
Our mission is to partner with government agencies to deliver digital services and infrastructure that makes programs simple, effective, and accessible to all. As a public benefit corporation, our intent is not to win as much work as we can, but to design a portfolio that makes the highest leverage progress against that mission.
Nava has a role in every important program that serves vulnerable populations and can apply industry-level ecosystem pressure to transform service experiences, program outcomes, and agency adaptability.
Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for a Program Director to lead the delivery and client engagement efforts on a portfolio of strategic contracts. At Nava, members of the Program leadership team are responsible for client trust and relationships, team clarity and health, staffing, contract management/profit & loss, and organic growth. Program Directors oversee delivery outcomes and client relationships, directing large (50-people+ teams) to create positive delivery environments.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Nava provides opportunities to do meaningful, impactful, mission-oriented work. As a public benefit corporation, we have a social mission written into our founding charter. The people who work at Nava have a fiduciary duty to our stated mission: to improve access, effectiveness, and simplicity of government services. We see this as an opportunity, but it is also important to highlight the challenges we face in advance.
- You will be working within the government ecosystem, which means working dynamically, with other government contractors and civil servants. Working with people outside of your company means you'll likely encounter different working styles, cultural norms and be responsible for maintaining order and focus without authority. At the same time, working as part of a larger team allows us to deliver on projects of larger scale and complexity.
- The government contracting ecosystem is a compliance-driven multi-stakeholder environment – particularly when compared to the operating environments of companies of our size in the private sector. Successful members of our team understand how to be innovative within this environment when responding to proposals or delivering software and infrastructure. Finding and recommending ways to improve the way government digital services are procured and built is one of the highest-leverage ways we help fulfill our mission.
What you’ll do
- Exceed the expectations of our government partners by cultivating strong, trusting relationships and maintaining high situational awareness at the agency level.
- Proactively detect risks and work collaboratively with the delivery team and program stakeholders to effectively resolve them (issues can span delivery, process, culture, expectation setting, staffing, contract milestones, finances).
- Engage our clients on a continuing basis to ensure their needs are met or exceeded, understand their vision, collaboratively solve issues, and communicate our progress transparently.
- Instigate growth at scale, for example, by expanding into neighboring programs or modifying an existing contract with new work.
- Maintain awareness of the broader landscape and potential for new opportunities and risks.
- Collaborate across projects and across the organization to proactively anticipate and solve problems across the delivery.
- Support the creation of delivery environments built on mutual trust between government partners and our team.
- Scale efforts through a team of project managers and other functional delivery leads.
- Ensure that Nava is delivering contract scope on time within budget, act as the budget owner for your program in coordination with the finance team, and coordinate necessary contract modifications.
- Set and uphold standards for delivery excellence and client service.
- Apply Nava's policies and guidance at the program level (e.g. utilization guidance).
- Participate in developing and delivering company objectives and key results.
- At least 12 years of experience managing complex software delivery efforts in highly constrained environments, including experience overseeing agile software development efforts.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- You are an empathetic communicator and relationship builder – you take a service-oriented approach to support the program team and our clients.
- An extremely adaptable problem solver who can deal with multi-dimensional challenges involving many organizations, processes, cultures, and technologies.
- An empathetic relationship builder with a collaborative and positive mindset.
- You are highly organized and care deeply about building and growing a sustainable, culture-conscious business.
- A strategic approach to delivery planning and contract management over the medium-term and long-term.
- An iterative approach to execution that emphasizes rapid team progress.
- Ability to manage contract finances in coordination with the finance team.
- Ability to maintain broader situational awareness beyond the immediate team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Nava is fully remote for the foreseeable future. In the past, some clients have asked for travel to the client site as necessary, around 2-3 days/month.
- Experience with both the use and management of Jira and Confluence.
- Project management in a government context.
- Track record of introducing and expanding agile transformation and pursuing best practices in project management with clients and stakeholders Experience managing projects that provide production operations and support alongside ongoing product/feature development.
- Experience launching new production systems with high public visibility in a fast-changing regulatory environment.
Compensation Range: $177,000 - $198,000 annually
● Must have lived in the United States for at least three (3) of the past five (5) years.
● An active green card or citizenship is required.
● Candidates who are offered a job with Nava must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
● Offer of hire is contingent upon completion of a background check that includes a criminal record history review.
● Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Perks working with Nava
● Your well-being is important to us, so we offer highly competitive benefits for medical, dental, and vision
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 12 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● Sabbatical Leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1,000 new home office set up budget, monthly phone allowance
● Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities (where applicable)
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Commuter Benefits
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death Insurance
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
You can work in a hybrid work arrangement from one of Nava’s offices in NYC, DC, or San Francisco. We also have fully remote options if you reside in one of the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.