Experienced Software Engineer (DC, SF, NYC)
Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for experienced developers to help drive this mission forward.
You will work on small teams to build scalable infrastructure for our government -- designing, implementing, and delivering services that millions of Americans depend on. You care deeply about working on technology that affects people’s lives, and are passionate about building large-scale systems that are well-designed, fast, scalable, and secure.
What you'll do
- Work with fellow Nava engineers to design, review, and build web services
- Collaborate with the government and other contractors to invent, implement, and deploy new systems and improvements to existing systems
- Architect new systems and changes to existing systems to support new functionality
- Build functionality to ship new experiences and technologies
- Maintain production systems and investigate issues when they occur
- Create tools and processes to automate our development, testing, and production workflows
- If located in SF or NYC, travel to DC is required
What we're looking for
- Experience working on web-based systems
- Meaningful experience working on large-scale applications and systems
- A thoughtful, adaptive, and positive mindset
- Able to think holistically around engineering issues
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals and architecture
- Expertise in development and programming
- Empathetic, humble, and collaborative mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous compensation and equity packages and value a healthy work/life balance.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.