Software Engineer - Customer Support (DC)
Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for engineers to help drive this mission forward.
You will work with a small team to ensure our systems are functioning reliably, building features that improve the user experience, and helping investigate, triage, and fix services that millions of Americans depend on. You care deeply about working on technology that affects people’s lives, and are passionate about building large-scale systems that are well-designed, fast, scalable, and secure.
In this role, you will familiarize yourself with production support for large scale web applications used by millions of Americans. This role will require both technical acumen and a highly proactive approach to both partner engagement and issue investigation. You will have the opportunity to apply and grow your skills and gain expertise in large-scale web development and will become adept at navigating and understanding large scale production web applications.
What you'll do
- Quickly investigate, triage, debug, diagnose, and fix reported issues with our systems
- Collaborate with the government, other contractors, and the Nava product team to build and deploy improvements to systems
- Build features at various levels of the technology stack to improve the user experience
- Create tools, documentation, and processes to automate our development, testing, and production workflows
- Perform quality assurance as part of testing and deployment
What we're looking for
- Solid fluency in at least one programming language
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, such as encapsulation, data types, and basic algorithms
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset
- Ability to think holistically about engineering issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- Resourceful and driven approach to writing code and researching technical issues
- Ability to derive clarity from ambiguity by effectively moving past technical and communication barriers within the team and between teams
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous compensation and equity packages and value a healthy work/life balance.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.