Designer (DC, SF, NYC)
Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for experienced designers to help drive this mission forward.
You will work on small teams to reimagine services for our government – services that millions of Americans depend on. You care deeply about working on technology that affects people’s lives, and are passionate about designing large-scale services that focus on user needs and work towards well-designed experiences. You’ll craft public services that set high standards in terms of simplicity, ease, and kindness.
What you'll do
- Design and build large-scale web services, with multidisciplinary Nava product teams
- Collaborate with government staff and other contractors to invent, implement, and deploy new systems and improvements to existing systems
- Drive ideas from concept to production, from sketching to wireframing to coordinating with engineering teams on prototyping and implementation
- Propel understanding of users, by running quantitative and qualitative user research initiatives and sharing findings with internal and external collaborators
What we're looking for
- Experience designing consumer-facing web services used by diverse audiences
- Deep understanding of web and mobile user interface design and best practices
- Ability to drive product vision and iterate on loosely scoped, evolving projects
- Equal parts systems thinker and advocate for users
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and positive mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- If located in SF or NYC, travel to DC is required
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous compensation and equity packages and value a healthy work/life balance.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.