Delivery Manager/Project Manager (Remote)
Open to any office location/Remote /
Nava Roles - Delivery – Program Management /
Our mission is to partner with government agencies to deliver digital services and infrastructure that makes programs simple, effective, and accessible to all. As a public benefit corporation, our intent is not to win as much work as we can, but to design a portfolio that makes the highest leverage progress against that mission.
Nava has a role in every important program that serves vulnerable populations and can apply industry-level ecosystem pressure to transform service experiences, program outcomes, and agency adaptability.
- You’ll manage the support of a large-scale product, working closely with our engineers and government partners to triage issues and distill them into clear, actionable tickets for the team. You'll be available to tackle P1 issues as they arise. You'll also work with the team to continually improve on our response and support of the system and build close working relationships with a variety of people, including engineers, client stakeholders, and partner vendors.
- You think holistically and understand how the details of the project fit into the bigger picture and take pride in working through highly ambiguous situations to deliver value to users. You have a strong bias towards action when faced with incomplete information and communicate transparently to build consensus internally and externally.
- Work directly at the intersection of government and the Nava team to manage our sprint process, estimate our efforts, triage incidents, manage expectations, and communicate progress
- Proactively build relationships with stakeholders and other contractors
- Understand the team’s objectives, systems, and capabilities in order to make decisions about project priorities and to help resolve issues
- Coordinate multiple contractor teams to bring alignment to large ecosystems and create holistic success for everyone
- Accurately report risks, successes, progress, and failuresManage the team’s velocity and continually improve our processes for organizing ourselves and our work
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, embrace change, and ask insightful questions particularly about business needs and IT capabilities
What you'll do
- Technical skills:
- Experience with both the use and management of ticketing systems. Jira and Confluence are used on this project so experience with them specifically is ideal, but it's more important that you’re diligent at tracking down issues and documenting them clearly
- Demonstrated experience leading projects with significant complexity, including managing milestones, dependencies, and integrations with significant risk, uncertainty, or scale
- Experience working with product, design, and engineering teams as a cohesive unit and maintaining open lines of communication in a multi-disciplinary environment Experience using agile frameworks like scrum, kanban, or SAFe and familiarity with agile development practices such as continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Years of experience:
- At least 5 years of experience as a Project Manager, Delivery Manager, Scrum Master, or Product Manager in a complex software development environment with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to grow and nurture existing and new client relationships to help drive prioritization across multiple projects and create ecosystems of success
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- An adaptive, proactive, empathetic, tenacious, and positive mind
- Project management in a government context (state or federal)
- Experience working on iterative projects using prototypes, product pilots, and user research
- Track record of introducing and expanding agile transformation and pursuing best practices in project management with clients and stakeholders
- Experience launching new production systems with high public visibility in a fast-changing regulatory environment
- Experience working with development teams building APIs
Compensation range: $103,000 - $159,000 annually.
Perks working with NAVA
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 13 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● NAVA covers 90% of medical premiums & 100% of vision & dental premiums for their employees
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1000 new home office set up budget and monthly phone allowance
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
Remote or from one of Nava’s offices in DC or SF.
Remote work locations: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.