Front End/Fullstack Developer
ndustrial.io is a Raleigh, NC based startup looking for a high quality Fullstack Engineer to join the team and help us continue to improve the energy management industry. We are looking for someone who is really passionate about their work and can be a big part of a small team. Someone who can be counted on to continue driving us forward. We are not the kind of startup that expects you to work insane hours or sleep at your desk but we do need someone who understands how a startup works and is willing to be a part of the sometimes crazy ride.
If that sounds like something that gets you excited, read more to understand our specific needs.
Work on new features and functionality for our existing software while also developing new software to complement our customers needs.
Actively participate in scoping, estimating, code reviews throughout the development process.
Communicate with your fellow coworkers about your progress and offer suggestions/improvements to continually improve all aspects of the software.
Be able to provide thorough reasons/explanations for software decision in order to prevent technical debt.
Occasional IT support when the need arises.
Have a constructive voice. It will be expected and respected.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience developing APIs with NodeJS or Go
- Experience with unit testing (Mocha, Chai)
- Expert at pull requests and code reviews. We are a small team and lean on each other to make sure we are writing the best software possible
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently/remotely
- Experience working in a start up and understanding the needs that come with that
- Willingness/desire to experiment with new technologies
- Good sense of humor, we enjoy working with each other
- Must be able to get things done in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Local candidates only, please (we want to be able to see your face from time to time)
Nice to Haves
- Experience in visualization libraries (D3, Raphael, etc) is a plus
- Experience with designing APIs
- Eye for design
- Unlimited PTO (as long as it isn’t abused).
- Healthcare stipend ($300/mo).
- Team outings.
- Flexible work environment with telecommuting options.
- Witty banter (working with us is like being in a bad Aaron Sorkin movie).
- Dog friendly office
- Conveniently located on Fayetteville St in Downtown Raleigh.
- Windows with natural sunlight.
- We limit our use of buzzwords.
- Direct access to all employees of the company, no middle management hell. You will work feet away from the CEO & CTO and we usually will go to lunch together.