Software Engineer, Integration
ndustrial.io is a Raleigh, NC based startup looking for a great Software Engineer focusing on system integrations to join the team and help us continue to improve the Industrial IOT market. We are looking for someone passionate about their work and who can be a big part of a small team. Someone who can be counted on to continue driving us forward. This particular opening is one of the core pieces of our offering, which is taking data from numerous different sources and organizing it in a way that is useful for our customers. Working with data from 3rd party systems already installed within customer facilities is important to us, as existing data is important to the customer and to delivering a scalable IOT solution. The scale at which we are doing this is growing every day and we need talented individuals who are ready to take on the challenge of not only helping us keep up with the pace, but also to continuously improve our integrations. We are not the kind of startup that expects you to work insane hours or sleep at your desk, but we do need someone who understands how a startup works and is willing to be a part of a (sometimes) crazy ride.
- Work with 3rd party vendors, customers, and existing common hardware platforms to create new integrations and maintain existing ones
- Build new integrations to 3rd party software vendors using their APIs and create common libraries wherever possible (Salesforce, SAP, etc.)
- Build upon and improve existing integrations with 3rd party vendors
- Actively participate in scoping, estimating, code reviews throughout the development process
- Communicate with your fellow coworkers about your progress and offer suggestions/improvements to continually improve all aspects of the software
- Be able to provide thorough reasons/explanations for software decision in order to prevent technical debt
- Have a constructive voice. It will be expected and respected
- Strong programming skills in general and strong experience with Python
- .NET experience preferred
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party APIs
- Experience with facility-level platforms like OSI PI, Siemens, etc. is strongly preferred
- Strong technical communication skills. You will most likely be talking to customers to help them understand integrations necessary for projects to be successful
- Strong curiosity about new technologies
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently
- Familiarity with facility-level communication protocols (BACnet, Modbus, etc.)
- Experience with Docker is always a plus here!
- Unlimited PTO (as long as it isn’t abused).
- Healthcare stipend ($300/mo).
- Team outings.
- Flexible work environment with telecommuting options.
- Witty banter (working with us is like being in a bad Aaron Sorkin movie).
- Dog friendly office
- Conveniently located on Fayetteville St in Downtown Raleigh.
- Windows with natural sunlight.
- We limit our use of buzzwords.
- Direct access to all employees of the company, no middle management hell. You will work feet away from the CEO & CTO and we usually will go to lunch together.