Senior Support Engineer
Whether it be waste of raw resources and energy, waste of products, wasteful processes, waste of software code and waste of time, we strive to eliminate it. So we focused on the largest interconnected global ecosystem where all of these are present - Manufacturing and Industrial Operations- be it in the form of wasted energy or wasted money on consultants.
Before we wrote any code or developed any algorithms we first implemented efficiency projects across multiple factories to understand how they operated, how they consumed software, how they made financial decisions and how they viewed the future.
The Support Engineer is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for the ndustrial.io software products. This person will also work on other programming and documentation projects as required. For entry-level applicants we are willing to train the right candidate.
Support Engineers deliver effective technical customer support to our rapidly growing customer base, delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies. Support Engineers may be required to be on-call on a rotating basis throughout the year.
What will you do?
- Taking ownership of technical issues, and working with our Development group to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
- Participation in providing training to customers as required
- Deliver excellent technical and non-technical customer support to the users
- Responsible for reproducing / confirming product defects and reporting such defects to Field
- Engineering and Product Management for future consideration
- Ensure resolution of daily and escalated customer issues of a complex scope that impact the team and overall business objectives
- Research solutions to new or unknown issues
- Design and develop one or more courses of action, evaluate these courses in a test environment, and implement the best solution to the problem
- Develop software minor releases to address production bugs
- Monitor queue and metrics, tracking performance and situational issues in real time, responding accordingly per procedures
- Attending technical meetings, preparing reports when requested
- Provide after-hours coverage as part of an on-call rotation schedule as needed
You will need:
- Experience working with SQL, and Relational Databases preferred
- Working knowledge and solid understanding of database organization and how to extract data in order to generate listings and reportsReporting Services Knowledge
- Proven ability in analyzing data
- Proven ability in problem solving
- Ability to work in group setting and independently; ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to project and maintain a professional and positive attitude
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and have strong organizational skills
- Experience with software engineering
- Experience in building a support function from scratch
- Net software development knowledge
- Framework 4.0+
- Java Script
- SQL (MS SQL 2012)
- Unlimited PTO (as long as it isn’t abused).
- Healthcare stipend ($300/mo).
- Team outings.
- Flexible work environment with telecommuting options.
- Witty banter (working with us is like being in a bad Aaron Sorkin movie).
- Dog friendly office
- Conveniently located on Fayetteville St in Downtown Raleigh.
- Windows with natural sunlight.
- We limit our use of buzzwords.
- Direct access to all employees of the company, no middle management hell. You will work feet away from the CEO & CTO and we usually will go to lunch together.