Whether it be waste of raw resources and energy, waste of products, wasteful processes, waste of software code and waste of time, we strive to eliminate it. So we focused on the largest interconnected global ecosystem where all of these are present - Manufacturing and Industrial Operations- be it in the form of wasted energy or wasted money on consultants.
Before we wrote any code or developed any algorithms we first implemented efficiency projects across multiple factories to understand how they operated, how they consumed software, how they made financial decisions and how they viewed the future.
Do you have a passion for helping customers design industrial-grade software and IOT solutions? Do you have a knack for helping an organization to understand application architectures and integration approaches, to architect advanced cloud-based solutions, and to help launch the build-out of those systems? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communications, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide major projects to success? If so, we are looking for individuals like yourself to help us work with and guide our customers to design great solutions to their biggest industrial problems. This role will have a large external facing function and will work closely with Sales Engineers and Account Mangers.
What will you do?
- Participate in planning, definition and high-level design of the solution
- Work directly with agile teams to implement solutions
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; understand solution deployment
- Work with customers and key stakeholders to establish high-level solution intent
- Establish critical nonfunctional requirements at the solution level
- Interact regularly with internal stakeholders about features under development
- Plan and develop architecture in support of upcoming business Features/Capabilities
- Solve integration and design challenges across multiple external stakeholders
- Participate in developing SOW's (Scope of Work)
- Experience and/or expertise in cloud based solutions and IOT application solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience applying common patterns to solving business problems
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field of study and/or equivilent experience
5+ years of experience of building complex server and client side solutions
5+ years of experience with SOA/REST/Microservices concepts
5+ years of experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
Office 75% and travel requirement 25%
- Unlimited PTO (as long as it isn’t abused).
- Healthcare stipend ($300/mo).
- Team outings.
- Flexible work environment with telecommuting options.
- Witty banter (working with us is like being in a bad Aaron Sorkin movie).
- Dog friendly office
- Conveniently located on Fayetteville St in Downtown Raleigh.
- Windows with natural sunlight.
- We limit our use of buzzwords.
- Direct access to all employees of the company, no middle management hell. You will work feet away from the CEO & CTO and we usually will go to lunch together.