Sia – Growth /
Do you want to help us re-decentralize the Internet?
Nebulous is a leader in the burgeoning blockchain ecosystem, building software for the Decentralized Internet. Our flagship product, Sia, is the leading decentralized cloud storage platform, and our new CDN layer Skynet is a revolutionary technology that will be a foundational technology for a free internet!
Are you a developer who loves writing, speaking and educating other developers about the technology while taking a meaningful role in shaping their experience interacting with the platform?
Skynet is a revolutionary content distribution network built on top of Sia, a decentralized cloud storage platform that has been live without downtime since 2015. Skynet is the future, allowing for digital content that can never be de-platformed, that is paid for as it is consumed, and that frees the Internet to function as an arm of the people instead of massive corporations.
The technical foundation for Skynet has been laid and we are excited for its future. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Developer Evangelist’s primary goal will be to grow the Skynet developer and app ecosystem, and help those developers flourish once they join the community. The ideal candidate possesses a unique combination of technical skills, community building, and communication acumen.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create excitement and mindshare for the Skynet platform and engage newer developer communities while managing the existing online and offline ecosystem
- Help on-board developers, create documentation, and work on developing sample applications
- Coordinate writing technical blogs and educational guides; create tutorials and effective content for the target audience
- Plan and manage developer-focused events such as hackathons and workshops
- Effectively convey upcoming feature releases and gather feedback for product roadmap
- Identify market trends, analyze the competitor landscape, conduct user interviews, and work with the product and marketing teams to implement new strategies
- Identify partnership opportunities and help with integrations
- Experience interacting with developers and users, both technical and non-technical - and the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and concepts
- Experience building developer tools and writing technical documentation
- Passion for building and growing a developer community
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self starter and able to work independently
Experience in the blockchain space is preferred – but general excitement about blockchain technology is a must!
Remote positions limited to workers in timezones GMT-10 to GMT+2.