Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
New York, NY /
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. If you have no credit, it can take years to build that up, even if your financial situation shows that you have the ability to take on risks. In the US, that accounts for almost 20% of the adult population, including 11%, which are completely “credit invisible.” This directly affects this population’s ability to qualify for student loans, apartment leases, car financing, and anything else requiring a credit score.
We’re building a data analytics platform on top of bank transaction data that enables lenders to evaluate creditworthiness based on a person’s most up-to-date financial situation, opening up opportunities and financial flexibility for all parties. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures
For a more in-depth look at our engineering culture, check out our page on Key Values.
- Collaborate with product teams and data science to implement new features into our Cashflow underwriting and Income Verification solutions
- Collaborate with the data science team to productionalize research models; this may include supplementing research-driven models with additional considerations such as unit processing efficiency, batch efficiency, and parallel computing use cases
- Develop tooling and data systems to improve research velocity and outcomes
- Instrument our production systems solutions to increase observability
- Automate model quality controls and processes to drive down development cycle times and drive up model performance
- Maintain and improve several production ML models such as algorithmic calculations, regression models, and classifiers.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including experience at a high-growth or early-stage startup
- Strong collaboration skills with both internal and external stakeholders to discover requirements and deliver a solution
- Ability (or desire) to work with both JS and Python, as needed
- Preferred, but not required: experience with core parts of our stack; experience in fintech and ETLs
- Develop a unified data platform capable of seamlessly processing a high variety of bank data sources
- Develop an event-based system for monitoring consumer-permissioned bank data
- Build an operations dashboard that clearly explains how we verify income
- Develop an experiment pipeline to test product changes against historical data
- Optimize data pipeline latency to shorten time-to-response
$176,000 - $212,000 a year
The base salary range is for U.S.-based candidates and is dependent on individual experience, skills, education, location, and qualifications.
We consider all elements of compensation as a part of the value we provide to Novans. This may include Base salary, equity grants, incentive compensation for eligible roles, professional development, flexible PTO, and tenure rewards. We offer U.S.-based Novans competitive, employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, in addition to mental health and wellness benefits and a range of other benefits & perks.
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or