Head of People
San Francisco or New York /
At Nova Credit, we’re on a mission to make financial access easier, no matter where you’re from or where you go. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help underwrite immigrants and other global citizens. In effect, we are the first global infrastructure for financial identity to seamlessly move around the world. We’re passionate about financial inclusion, and committed to building a diverse and fulfilling work culture.
The People dimension is the backbone to all of Nova Credit’s activities -- from ensuring our fast-paced growth through recruitment, to driving greater company impact through learning, development and performance management, to adapting our teams and workstyles in this unprecedented year. As our first Head of People, you’ll be a force-multiplier to our company as we enter our next chapter of growth, and become the right hand of all teams, as well in enabling them to align with our growth trajectory. This role sits on our leadership team and will be working closely with both our co-founders.
- Leadership of Nova Credit’s people culture: motivating Novans to join and remain at the company, ensuring that we live our values (and amend them when needed!), evolving the employee experience, and handling employee relations with directness and empathy.
- Strategic counsel and coach to the company’s leaders: including developing insights on overall org design, workforce planning, skills development, and employee collaboration as we grow from 50 to 150. Bring insights to bear that are data-driven, experience based, and EQ driven.
- Ownership and (re-)design of all current company operating practices, processes, and culture that need to be amended especially admidst the 2020 landscape. This will include performance reviews, values, norms, recruiting processes, working-from-home-policies, benefits & compensation, DEI strategy but the focus areas should be determined by your own "nose for value" and instincts of what will move the needle for the company.
- Coaching of managers to achieve the best among their team and be the "glue" that holds the company together as we grow.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant general business and HR experience with emphasis on providing HR business partner support to teams including product, engineering, marketing and finance. Demonstrated understanding of HRBP practices including organization design, talent strategy, performance management, change management, and executive relationship building.
- Analytical approach and skills for assessing, influencing and measuring organizational impact; coupled with strong EQ and developed sense of reading people.
- An articulate, positive, and persuasive communicator who is highly effective one-on-one, in groups, and in companywide or external presentations.
- Work history across both tech startups and Series D onward or public companies.
- Genuine comfort with and enthusiasm for a fast-paced environment and associated ambiguity.
- Passion for developing the 21st century, innovative model for People, and for serving underserved consumers.
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.