Data Scientist - Bank Transaction Data
San Francisco or New York /
Credit Risk /
At Nova Credit, we’re on a mission to make financial access easier, no matter where you’re from or where you go. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help underwrite immigrants and other global citizens. In effect, we are the first global infrastructure for financial identity to seamlessly move around the world. We’re passionate about financial inclusion, and committed to building a diverse and fulfilling work culture.
In Data & Analytics, you will play a key role in researching, designing and building Nova Credit’s bank transaction data and cash flow analytics strategy. You will serve as a conduit to bring key functions together, including alternative data partnerships, risk & analytics, product & engineering, and customer success to develop and implement Nova Credit’s core alternative data systems. You will report to Nova Credit’s Head of Risk and Analytics. Ultimately, your role is to ensure that Nova Credit’s products deliver high quality predictive risk signals. Every initiative you work on will be critical for the company’s success.
- Data Insights: Leveraging your knowledge of bank transaction data and credit risk modeling, you will guide the design and integration of bank transaction data, categorization services and affordability metrics.
- Strategy Design: Integrate bank transaction and consumer credit behavioral data to deliver reporting and analytic insights with a focus on providing end users with affordability and credit risk underwriting strategies.
- Global Nova Data Strategy: Research and contribute to the formulation of Nova Credit’s long-term data strategy with alternative data providers, global credit bureaus and evolving predictive data sources.
- Customer Development: Develop a customer facing knowledge base to communicate the strengths of Nova Credit’s platform, data integrations and assets. Support Business Development and Customer Success teams in product expansion, inquiry and resolution work streams.
- Experience with bank tax data and cash flow analytics required
- 3+ years experience working with bank transaction data, credit risk data, consumer credit risk and affordability analytics and strategy development
- MBA/MS degree; relevant Master’s preferred (e.g. Economics, Statistics)
- Intellectual curiosity is essential along with creativity and technical expertise as you work with data from diverse sources to develop powerful insights
- Excellent interpersonal skills (including technical communications) in order to develop and manage multiple external relationships as well as coordinate resources cross-functionally with multiple internal teams to deliver a consistently excellent client experience.
- Experience in consumer financial services. Should have a capacity to develop simple industry-standard analyses and tools.
- Passion for enabling underserved consumers
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.