Finance Business Development
Nova Credit is a fintech company that enables immigrants to access capital and realize their potential. Nova Credit emerged from a Stanford University research project and is now the world’s premier cross-border credit bureau. Our API enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help underwrite immigrants and other global citizens. In effect, we are the first and only platform that allows for financial identity to move around the world.
Nova Credit was founded by a team of socially-driven entrepreneurs out of Stanford. We are graduates of Y Combinator, a 2017 LendIt Winner, and JP Morgan: Center for Financial Services Innovation Winner. We’re backed by an incredible group of investors including First Round Capital, Index Ventures, NYCA, Core Innovation Capital, and various founders and thought leaders in fintech and financial services.
We’re passionate about financial inclusion and committed to building a diverse, and fulfilling work culture.
In Business Development you will play an essential role in building and managing our relationships with large financial institutions. You will collaborate closely with our BD team in refining our partnerships strategy, as well as working across the organisation to successfully implement it. In practice, you will be working across our go-to-market funnel: from initial contact, to partnership negotiations, to solution and product development, to customer success. We offer a terrific opportunity for someone who loves to learn fast across multiple functions.
- Sales & partnerships: Identify, qualify, and pitch financial institutions to grow Nova Credit’s market penetration. Refine Nova Credit messaging and market positioning across broader financial services ecosystem.
- Analytics & customer management: manage relationships with customers and develop custom business cases and implementation programs to meet their needs. Drive customer relationships from vision to successful execution, in partnership with broader Nova Credit organisation.
- Strategy: Expand Nova Credit’s reach by developing expansion strategies to target additional verticals. \
Every initiative you work on will be crucial for the company’s success and you’ll be leading all their major aspects.
- 5+ years experience working in financial services on a partnership or credit-related team. Business development experience not a prerequisite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (articulate communicator and strong listener) in order to manage multiple external partnerships and to coordinate across Nova Credit teams to deliver an excellent customer experience
- BA/BS degree or MBA
- Willing to travel frequently (approximately 3 times per month)
- Real passion for fintech and financial inclusion for underserved consumers
- Diversity: Nova Credit is committed to promoting diversity in its hiring and company practices
- Location: San Francisco, in our beautiful mid-Market office
- Compensation: Varies based on experience
- Contact: Any other questions please contact us at email@example.com
People move. Credit history doesn’t. We’re changing that.