Front End Developer
Nova has built the world's first cross-border credit reporting agency. Nova graduated from Y Combinator as one of the "top 8 companies" according to TechCrunch and raised $3m+ from the top funds in the Silicon Valley including First Round Capital, Index Ventures, Core Innovation and Nyca. Nova was founded by a team of socially-driven entrepreneurs that with extensive finance and technology experience Goldman Sachs, Bain, Apollo, Adobe and Google[x]. We are passionate about financial inclusion and committed to building a diverse, and fulfilling work culture.
Nova enables financial access for recent immigrants by connecting lenders to global credit data. Through us, immigrants are able to seamlessly, securely and legally transport their credit history across borders and thus access credit in the US. We are the first and only platform that enables financial identity to become mobile.
As a Front End Developer, you will develop the front-end wizardry for the following Nova products:
1. Complex dashboard
2. Cross-domain widget
3. Public-facing website
We pride ourselves on using a very modern front-end stack with reactive layers, data-analytics and visualization, and responsive components to make a great interface for the plethora of data we have. The interfaces we develop are complicated and involve a lot of security and privacy obstacles.
You will work alongside Nova’s engineers to develop a superb interface for Nova’s backend. This interface is customer-facing and hence of uttermost importance for Nova’s success. The credit data world is not famous for having great interfaces. We’re here to change that.
You’ll be joining a startup team in its early stage and will be collaborating on strategic decisions affecting the whole company’s trajectory.
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Advanced front-end skills besides the HTML/JS/CSS core (React.js, browser-security, compatibility skills, …)
- Experience with data-visualization tools like D3.js is a plus
- Completed degree from a premier university with a data-science or CS related program
- Real passion for FinTech, and for expanding access to credit for immigrants
- Diversity: Nova is committed to promoting diversity in its hiring as well as in all its company practices
- Location: San Francisco, in our awesome SoMa office (2 blocks from CalTrain)
- Compensation: Competitive salary + equity package, varies depending on experience
- Contact: Any other questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re a team of socially-driven entrepreneurs that is passionate about financial inclusion and committed to building a diverse, and fulfilling work culture.
People move. Credit history doesn’t. We’re changing that.