Legal & Compliance Lead
Legal & Compliance
Nova is a fintech startup founded at Stanford. We are solving the problem of immigrant lending by connecting global credit reporting into a single, predictive cross-border credit database. We connect US lenders to our systems via API so that they can underwrite immigrants. In effect, we are the first and only platform that allows for financial identity to move around the world.
Nova was founded by a team of socially-driven entrepreneurs with extensive finance and technology experience Goldman Sachs, Bain, Apollo, Adobe and Google[x]. We’re backed by First Round Capital, Index Ventures, NYCA, Core Innovation Capital, Y Combinator, and an incredible syndicate of fintech founders.
We’re passionate about financial inclusion and committed to building a diverse, and fulfilling work culture.
Nova is recruiting a Legal and Compliance Lead. You will navigate regulatory and compliance challenges in both the US and the international markets in which we operate and will be critical to ensuring Nova’s continued growth. We are looking for an entrepreneurially-minded, driven candidate to join our growing team.
You will collaborate with our CEO and legal counsel in developing our legal and compliance strategy and implementing it with our US and international partners. Your work will also impact our product and business development decisions, and you will regularly partner with those parts of the business.
Primary Areas of Focus
- US data partnerships: Nova is developing several partnerships for both supply and demand of consumer credit data in the US. You will lead the execution of all legal and compliance aspects of these partnerships.
- International partnerships: You will coordinate with our US and international counsels in order to develop our international data privacy and credit reporting standards.
- US compliance: You will design and implement our US compliance efforts. As a credit reporting agency, Nova is always augmenting its internal processes and disclosures to be compliant with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and other relevant laws.
Every project you work on will be crucial for the company’s success and you’ll be a key decision-maker. You will also be joining us at an early stage, so you'll play a major part in building our culture.
- 7+ years in a legal or compliance-related function, with experience in FCRA
- Experience within a major credit reporting agency or bank compliance department dealing with FCRA is a plus
- Real passion for fintech, and for expanding access to credit for immigrants
- Diversity: Nova is committed to promoting diversity in its hiring as well as in all its company practices
- Location: San Francisco, in our awesome SoMa office
- Compensation: Competitive salary + equity package, varies depending on experience
- Contact: Any other questions please contact us at email@example.com
We’re a team of socially-driven entrepreneurs that is passionate about financial inclusion and committed to building a diverse, and fulfilling work culture.
People move. Credit history doesn’t. We’re changing that.