Legal & Compliance
Nova Credit is a fintech company that enables immigrants to access capital and realize their potential. Nova Credit emerged from a Stanford University research project and is now the world’s premier cross-border credit bureau. Our API enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help underwrite immigrants and other global citizens. In effect, we are the first and only platform that allows for financial identity to move around the world.
Nova Credit was founded by a team of socially-driven entrepreneurs out of Stanford. We are graduates of Y Combinator, a 2017 LendIt Winner, and JP Morgan: Center for Financial Services Innovation Winner. We’re backed by an incredible group of investors including First Round Capital, Index Ventures, NYCA, Core Innovation Capital, and various founders and thought leaders in fintech and financial services.
We’re passionate about financial inclusion and committed to building a diverse, and fulfilling work culture.
Nova Credit’s success is entirely contingent on our ability to maintain policies and procedures that ensure our compliance with a complex network of U.S. and international standards. We are investing in compliance early in order to ensure that we continue to deliver on our mission and our values.
As Nova Credit’s first compliance specialist, you will be responsible for shaping the direction and growth of our compliance program as the company continues to expand its platform. In addition to driving the company’s essential compliance activities, you will collaborate closely with our leadership and product teams to address the challenges of making international financial mobility a widespread reality. We offer a terrific opportunity for someone who resonates with our core mission of financial inclusion, and who is excited to join a dynamic team.
- Compliance program management: You will lead our efforts to develop and maintain all aspects of our compliance program, including policies and procedures, internal risk management systems and employee compliance training programs.
- Partnerships: You will work closely with our business development team to coordinate the incoming and outgoing compliance reviews of our credit bureau and customer partners.
- Culture: You will help us continue to develop compliance as core aspect of our culture, helping translate complex compliance frameworks into our everyday efforts
- 3+ years experience working in a compliance function at a financial services company
- Strong background in risk management and consumer data privacy and/or credit reporting
- Excellent communication skills in order to convey complex requirements in a compelling and actionable manner BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Real passion for expanding financial inclusion for underserved consumers
- Diversity: Nova Credit is committed to promoting diversity in its hiring and company practices
- Location: San Francisco, in our beautiful mid-Market office
- Compensation: Varies based on experience
- Contact: Any other questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
People move. Credit history doesn’t. We’re changing that.