Dev Ops Engineer
Come work with talented people at Nova! We are a post series A Silicon Valley venture backed growth startup with its headquarters located in downtown San Francisco. At Nova, we’re on a mission to make financial access easier, no matter where you’re from or where you go. The founding team consists of immigrants and we’ve seen firsthand how hard it can be to start your life in a new place. Join us to make a more integrated world, creating bridges (not walls) to new places for equal opportunity.
We're connecting credit reporting agencies and identity databases across the world into a single cross-border data hub. We make this information available through a standardized and modern API to unlock financial services, housing, and other services for immigrants around the world. In effect, we are creating the first and only global infrastructure for financial identity to move across the world.
We are looking for an exceptional Dev Ops Engineer who can take our infrastructure stack to the next level. Our international data integrations product make for complex cross-continental networking challenges that you are to solve with talented team members. You will be responsible for building out beautiful deploy pipes, internal tooling, services frameworks, and improving our information security standards. At Nova we work on AWS and keep it stateful in code by using products like Terraform. The rapid product iterations make quick learning of cutting edge technologies.
You will focus on:
- Services Architecture: Our operations are global, and this means that our infrastructure has to follow that. You will work on making cross-continental systems talk to each-other effortlessly with performance monitoring, health checks, fail-overs, queueing systems, and other core logic to keep this machine top-notch.
- Automation: Making things run extremely efficient for the developer team is high priority. You will make everyone a lot more productive and make everyone's life easier!
- Security: We take security very seriously at Nova due to the sensitivity of our data, so an emphasis on networking security and code practices is a must.
You are a great fit if you...
- have 5+ years of experience as a professional software engineer and dev ops engineer,
- love to build-out the most efficient deploy pipelines with your automation skills,
- think stateful AWS infrastructure is amazing to work with and get excited to make Nova's systems the example of modern systems,
- have worked with SQL, databases ops, and scaling problems.
- Diversity: Nova is committed to promoting diversity in its hiring as well as in all its company practices and events.
- Location: San Francisco, in our beautiful mid-Market office.
- Compensation: Competitive rates and equity, varies depending on experience.
- Culture: Please check out our page on Key Values for more information.
- Contact: Any other questions please contact us at email@example.com.
In addition to working on a complex technical problem challenging your skills, you get to work closely with our incredibly talented team in Silicon Valley at our office in San Francisco.
Nova was founded at Stanford. We are graduates of Y Combinator and we’re backed by an incredible group of investors including First Round Capital, Index Ventures, NYCA, Core Innovation Capital, and various founders and thought leaders in FinTech and financial services.
Nova is committed to building a diverse, and fulfilling work culture focused on learning and collaboration.
Join the team!
People move. Credit history doesn’t. We’re changing that.