At Nova, we’re on a mission to make financial access easier, no matter where you’re from or where you go. We are a founding team of immigrants to the United States and we’ve seen firsthand how hard it can be to start your life in a new place. Join us to make a more integrated world, creating bridges (not walls) to new places for equal opportunity.
We're connecting credit reporting agencies across the world into a single, predictive cross-border credit database. We make this information available through a standardized and modern API to unlock financial services, housing and employment for immigrants around the world. In effect, we are creating the first and only global infrastructure for financial identity to move across the world.
We are looking for an exceptional engineer to help this happen. You will have ownership of the integration of systems around the world and responsibility for deployment in order to address an important social problem of financial inclusion. Every project you work on will be crucial for the company’s success and you’ll be one of the key people making technical decisions.
You will work closely with the founding team in building out our core product and work will focus on the following three key areas:
1. Back-end architecture: You will co-design and implement the back-end and manage/scale-up our cloud infrastructure.
2. API connections: You will create and call secure APIs with session tokens, oauth, encryption, and post-processing the results. This will involve collaborating with a range of Credit Bureaus around the globe, and working with all the different API systems they each have.
3. Security: We take security very seriously at Nova due to the sensitivity of our data, so you’ll become an authority on security in no-time.
Nova was founded by a team of socially-driven entrepreneurs with extensive finance and technology experience Goldman Sachs, Bain, Apollo, Adobe and Google[x]. We’re backed by First Round Capital, Index Ventures, NYCA, Core Innovation Capital, Y Combinator, and an incredible syndicate of fintech founders.
- 3+ years experience as software engineer
- Node.js experience. Front-end knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of security policies and current DevOps/infra tools
- Real passion for fintech, and for expanding access to credit for immigrants
- Diversity: Nova is committed to promoting diversity in its hiring as well as in all its company practices
- Location: San Francisco, in our awesome mid-market office in San Francisco
- Compensation: Competitive salary + equity package, varies depending on experience
- Contact: Any other questions please contact us at email@example.com
We’re a team of socially-driven entrepreneurs that is passionate about financial inclusion and committed to building a diverse, and fulfilling work culture.
People move. Credit history doesn’t. We’re changing that.