Back End Developer
At Nova, we’re on a mission to make financial access easier, no matter where you’re from or where you go. The majority of our team is comprised of immigrants to the United States and we’ve seen firsthand how hard it can be to start your life in a new place. Join us to make a more integrated world, creating bridges (not walls) to new places for equal opportunity.
We're connecting credit reporting agencies across the world into a single, predictive cross-border credit database. We make this information available through a standardized and modern API to unlock financial services, housing and employment for immigrants around the world. In effect, we are creating the first and only global infrastructure for financial identity to move across the world.
We are looking for an exceptional engineer and team player to help this happen. You will have ownership of the integration of systems around the world, working with a cutting edge growing stack.
The rapid product iterations in a small team make for fast deploys and quick learning of new technologies.
You will work closely with the team in building out Nova's core product, which is in the following areas:
1. Back-end architecture: You will maintain, co-design, and write the back-end and (parts of) our cloud infrastructure.
2. API network: You will be responsible for the growing complexity of our API systems and ETL pipelines where large data goes through on a daily basis. This will involve collaborating with a range of data warehouses around the globe, and working with all the different API systems they each have.
3. Security: We take security very seriously at Nova due to the sensitivity of our data, so you’ll become an authority on security in no-time.
Nova was founded by a team of socially-driven entrepreneurs with extensive finance and technology experience Goldman Sachs, Bain, Apollo, Adobe and Google[x]. We’re backed by First Round Capital, Index Ventures, NYCA, Core Innovation Capital, Y Combinator, and an incredible syndicate of FinTech founders.
- 3+ years experience as software engineer
- Knowledge of security and best practices
- NodeJS experience is a plus
- Passion for data engineering, ETL pipelines, analytics and beautifully structured logic!
- Diversity: Nova is committed to promoting diversity in its hiring as well as in all its company practices
- Location: San Francisco, in our awesome mid-market office in San Francisco
- Compensation: Competitive salary + equity package, varies depending on experience
- Contact: Any other questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
People move. Credit history doesn’t. We’re changing that.