Data Science Internship
Nova is a fintech startup founded at Stanford. We are solving the problem of immigrant lending by connecting global credit reporting into a single, predictive cross-border credit database. We connect US lenders to our systems via API so that they can underwrite immigrants. In effect, we are the first and only platform that allows for financial identity to move around the world.
Nova was founded by a team of socially-driven entrepreneurs that with extensive finance and technology experience Goldman Sachs, Bain, Apollo, Adobe and Google[x]. We’re backed by First Round Capital, Index Ventures, NYCA, Core Innovation Capital, Y Combinator, and an incredible syndicate of fintech founders.
We’re passionate about financial inclusion and committed to building a diverse, and fulfilling work culture.
We are looking for a Data Science Intern. You will be building predictive models using Nova's proprietary database of overseas credit data. As a result, you will refine our Nova Score: the probability of default on any credit account opened by an immigrant. Our database of overseas credit data varies by country, so you will have a very large featureset to work with. You will be intellectually stretched, and will be learning every day!
This predictive model is integral to Nova’s longterm success: it is the key to demonstrating the value of our database. As such, you will be involved in a number of strategic decisions, and you will closely collaborate with both business development and engineering within Nova.
- Completed degree or currently enrolled in a premier graduate school data-science / statistics related program
- Python (Pandas, scikit-learn, ...) knowledge is a plus
- Real passion for fintech, and for expanding access to credit for immigrants.
- Diversity: Nova is committed to promoting diversity in its hiring as well as in all its company practices
- Location: San Francisco, in our awesome mid-market office
- Compensation: Competitive salary
- Contact: Any other questions please contact us at email@example.com
People move. Credit history doesn’t. We’re changing that.