Nova Credit is a fintech company that enables immigrants to access capital and realize their potential. Nova Credit emerged from a Stanford University research project and is now the world’s premier cross-border credit bureau. Our API enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help underwrite immigrants and other global citizens. In effect, we are the first and only platform that allows for financial identity to move around the world.
Nova Credit was founded by a team of socially-driven entrepreneurs out of Stanford. We are graduates of Y Combinator, a 2017 LendIt Winner, and JP Morgan: Center for Financial Services Innovation Winner. We’re backed by an incredible group of investors including First Round Capital, Index Ventures, NYCA, Core Innovation Capital, and various founders and thought leaders in fintech and financial services.
We’re passionate about financial inclusion and committed to building a diverse, and fulfilling work culture.
Nova Credit’s success is entirely contingent on our ability to recruit and retain talented team players. We are investing in the people function early in order to ensure that we deliver on our mission and our values. As Nova Credit’s first hire dedicated entirely to the people function, you will be responsible for shaping the foundation of our culture and people function. You will collaborate closely with our leadership team in developing our hiring roadmap and strategy, as well as supporting our progress in building a culture that puts people first. We offer a terrific opportunity for someone who resonates with our core mission of financial inclusion, and who is excited to join a dynamic team.
- Candidate engagement: You will collaborate with our leadership team to deliver on our hiring goals for this year. You will identify, target (creativity welcomed!), and screen candidates and then coordinate with them and the entire organisation during the recruitment process. You will build strong candidate relationships on a foundation of trust so that you can support them through a complex decision.
- Diversity & Inclusion: As an early-stage company in the Bay Area, we want to build our company right, early. You will lead Diversity & Inclusion initiatives across the organisation to engage candidates and employees from all walks of life and provide an environment where all can thrive.
- People operations: You will develop Nova Credit’s human capital strategy and execute on the key employee experiences. You will be responsible for onboarding, Nova Credit events, and all personnel policies and procedures.
- Culture: You will continue to develop Nova Credit’s culture as it organically changes. You will be responsible for facilitating workshops and professional development.
- 2+ years experience working in HR or Operations. Experience in finance is not a prerequisite.
- Empathetic listener & communicator who can both convey the Nova Credit value and truly engage others.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Real passion for expanding financial inclusion for underserved consumers
- Diversity: Nova Credit is committed to promoting diversity in its hiring and company practices
- Location: San Francisco, in our beautiful mid-Market office
- Compensation: Varies based on experience
- Contact: Any other questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
People move. Credit history doesn’t. We’re changing that.