Senior Product Designer
San Francisco /
At Nova Credit, we’re on a mission to make financial access easier, no matter where you’re from or where you go. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help underwrite immigrants and other global citizens. In effect, we are the first global infrastructure for financial identity to seamlessly move around the world. We’re passionate about financial inclusion, and committed to building a diverse and fulfilling work culture.
As Nova Credit’s first Product Designer you will help establish the company’s overall design direction. You will work collaboratively across the organization to visualize business and user goals through the design of features and experiences that serve the millions of newcomers seeking to establish themselves in the US each year. You will make a monumental impact on the company’s design and its users.
- 5+ years or equivalent experience designing digital products
- A knack for distilling complicated problems and generating simple, elegant solutions
- A passion for visual and interaction design systems and an ability to understand the big picture while sweating the details
- Ability to create beautiful, high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma or other modern design tools ready to be handed off to engineering
- Thoughtful communication skills and the ability to present design decisions and processes openly, clearly, and confidently
- A hunger for feedback and willingness to use constructive criticism to better inform design decisions
- An ability to work across multiple teams including product, engineering and marketing
- An ability to create beautiful, high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma or other modern design tools
- An ability to work independently and make forward progress by proactively identifying blockers and seeking out ways to overcome them
- A bias for action and tenacious focus on how your work impacts users and the business
- Experience designing for a multi-sided marketplace
- Experience in working with illustration and illustrators
- Conceptual understanding of popular front-end frameworks like React
- Experience designing products within the financial services industry
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.