Technical Information Security Lead
U.S. Remote /
Legal & Compliance /
At Nova Credit, we’re on a mission to make financial access easier, no matter where you’re from or where you go. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help underwrite immigrants and other global citizens. In effect, we are the first global infrastructure for financial identity to seamlessly move around the world. We’re passionate about financial inclusion, and committed to building a diverse and fulfilling work culture.
As Nova Credit’s technical information security lead, you will be responsible for shaping the continued growth and maturity of our InfoSec program. Nova Credit’s compliance program spans multiple dimensions - regulatory, information security, privacy, and more. You will work cross-functionally with many stakeholders, including Compliance, legal, engineering, and product to ensure our information is secure and the InfoSec program matures as the company grows.
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH, YOU'LL
- Develop a deep understanding of how our products and services work, with emphasis on how they are regulated, and how underlying systems are protected
- Be a fresh set of eyes on our InfoSec technology suite, developing ideas for improvement and enhanced protection mechanisms
- Familiarize yourself with our control sets, frameworks, and requirements
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER, YOU'LL
- Manage weekly and monthly technical ISMS activities
- Be a key stakeholder in information security, driving critical initiatives to ourselves towards better security configurations and practices
- Implementation and enhancement of various information security products
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR, YOU'LL
- Be a key stakeholder in developing a roadmap to enhance our information security operations
- Work closely with our compliance and infrastructure teams and auditors to drive continuous improvement of our information security tool suite
- Propose and implement security tools for continuous improvement of our InfoSec program
- 1 - 3 years experience with maintaining & updating endpoint protection / enterprise management suites (Sophos, Jamf and MacOS preferred)
- 1-3 years experience with Enterprise Account Management/IAM experience (Google Workspace, SSO, etc.)
- At least 1 year of experience with the technical controls used to manage InfoSec frameworks (SOC II, ISO 27001 preferred)
- A passion for information security, proactivity for technical growth to help steer the information security posture at Nova Credit
- Adaptability to address new challenges
- Knowledge of SIEM implementation and use case design (nice to have)
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.