Software Engineer, ML/NLP
Mountain View, CA /
Neeva – Software Engineering /
The Search team at Neeva tackles a spectrum of interesting challenges: cutting edge NLP and machine learning problems, high performance distributed systems, and delightful user experiences across web and mobile. Our stack is built using Golang and Python, on top of technologies like Spark, Kubernetes, React and others.
As a machine learning and NLP engineer on the team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Extracting signals and features from different types of data
- Experimenting with different models from shallow heuristics to very deep models
- Building datasets that meaningfully capture user experience
- Writing production quality code and owning your pipelines end-to-end
- Launching and analyzing changes to different components of Neeva search
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience working on projects directly using ML/NLP
- Strong coding and software engineering skills
- Proficiency with ML tools like PyTorch, TensorFlow, sklearn, etc.
- Experience with shipping changes in a production setting
- Ability to work effectively with little guidance
- Experience with information retrieval, search and recommendation systems is a plus
- Experience with modern deep learning techniques for NLP is a plus
- Experience with data set collection and curation is a plus
- MS/PhD in relevant areas (applied statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, data mining, information retrieval, signal processing) is a plus
$125,000 - $220,000 USD annually, as part of a compensation package that includes sign on bonus, equity, and benefits. Our salary range is based on various factors, including our size and industry, as well as the candidate’s experience, skillset, relevant education and role related qualifications.
Neeva was founded by Sridhar Ramaswamy and Vivek Raghunathan in early 2019. In June 2021, Neeva launched to the general public with a profile by Fast Company. In March 2021, Neeva announced its Series B funding from Greylock, Inovia, and Sequoia Capital. CEO Sridhar Ramaswamy has been interviewed in many publications about Neeva’s mission and how the company is reimagining search, all available to read and/or listen to here.