Lehi, UT /
HR, Finance & Comms /
Neighbor is on a mission to create the future of storage. Our marketplace is used nationwide in all 50 states. We have attracted world-class investors such as Andreessen-Horowitz and the creators of Airbnb, Uber, StockX, and DoorDash.
We’re looking for a leading communications professional to report directly to the CEO and build and execute a communications strategy for Neighbor. The communications manager will work with our internal, cross-functional teams from product development through public release to help our existing and potential users, partners, investors, and employees connect with our mission and brand.
We’re looking for a strategic thinker, self starter and accomplished communicator to shape and share our story. You’ll be responsible for building foundational programs for all public relations communications, and for developing and evolving our message and plans as the company grows and collaborate with external resources to ensure the Neighbor story is told to the right audiences through the right programs and platforms.
- Oversee all of Neighbor’s communication efforts externally, bringing Neighbor’s story to life and crystallizing our mission for our external audiences, which include consumers, potential partners, industry collaborators and the business community.
- Create a clear and concise messaging program, to bring a compelling point-of-view and company positioning to the market.
- Build an executive communications and thought leadership program by collaborating with our leadership team to create fresh platforms and points-of-view for key executives, including identifying strategic speaking and content opportunities to further advance company narratives.
- Educate relevant press, analysts, and other influencers and generate awareness of Neighbor through ongoing creative media campaigns, thoughtful feature stories, and a range of activations including digital and IRL programming.
- Communicate success stories, product launches, and research studies through traditional and non-traditional means.
- Hire and grow team over time when appropriate.
- Oversee external PR and content agencies.
- Preferred 6-8 years relevant experience in a strategic role in-house and/or at an agency with expertise in consumer technology
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter experts with the media to achieve high-impact placements and meaningful narratives.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Ability to deliver high quality work while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work on-site at our Lehi, UT location (with temporary remote flexibility during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Stock options
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Infant care leave
- 401(k) plan
- On-site gym/showers open 24/7