Senior FP&A Analyst
Lehi, UT /
Finance & Data /
At Neighbor, our vision is to bring communities together by solving our neighbors’ biggest challenges.
We’re building the largest hyperlocal marketplace the world has seen. We’ve raised over $65 million from
top-tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and the creators of DoorDash, Airbnb, and Uber. Our
marketplace is already flourishing in all 50 states and we’re just getting started! To learn more, here is
what one of our investors wrote after leading Neighbor’s Series A.
The Senior FP&A Analyst will be responsible for all financial planning processes, including the annual plan, quarterly forecasts, and long-range plans. This highly visible role will report to the CFO and will work very closely with our senior leadership. This position is also responsible for the analysis and interpretation of financial trends requiring management’s attention and will independently generate models and analysis to support theories. The ideal candidate is an expert at navigating an organization cross functionally. The right candidate will drive business insights, bring a
quantitative, data-driven mindset, and have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
What You'll Do
- Manage the company’s annual and quarterly budget processes, including developing key assumptions, working with business partners to ensure budgets are appropriate and that operational partners establish action plans that achieve the necessary financial outputs
- Develop the 3- and 5-year long range plans, including developing the appropriate models and working with executives to reflect business trends in the financial plans
- Originate and develop analyses to help executives better understand financial trends and financial opportunities (e.g., cost savings, business development, etc.).
- Leverage analyses to ensure that the company meets its financial expectations and make certain executive leadership is fully aware of financial results
- Primary interface with business partners to ensure appropriate cost control, accurate forecasting, and insightful business understanding
- Work with business intelligence and accounting tools and team members to extract relevant data
- Able to draw concise conclusions from complex data and present results to management
- Develop financial information for quarterly board meetings
- Analyze industry trends in order to identify and make recommendations on opportunities
- Build and manage high performing FP&A team
- Build outstanding and effective relationships with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business (MBA preferred)
- Prior investment banking or management consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Strong skills in Domo, Tableau, Netsuite, Looker
- Be willing and excited to get their hands dirty and do the work
- Extraordinary Excel / PowerPoint / financial modeling skills
- 3-5 years of progressively increasing responsibility in Finance or Accounting
- Experience with a fast-growing company
- Outstanding business acumen
- Ability to identify necessary analysis and give direction to business partners
- Ability to understand trends and results at both a detailed level and a strategic level, and to inter-relate issues between the two. Advanced financial analysis skills including applied statistics
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to work with executives to first understand their business, then to identify, assess and provide recommendations on financial opportunities
- Superior analytical skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character
- Proven expertise in developing complex financial models and forecasts
- Very strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results
- Generous Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Hybrid work model - WFH every Monday
- 401(k) plan
- Infant care leave
- On-site gym/showers open 24/7
Neighbor is a marketplace where people with extra space in /around their home connect with people in need of storage. At 50% the cost of traditional self-storage, Neighbor provides affordable storage to renters and the ability for hosts to monetize unused space. Come help us disrupt the $500 Billion self-storage industry!
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, VC-backed tech startup. You will be part of a fun, collaborative and inclusive team of innovative, talented, and motivated individuals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Neighbor!