Backend Software Engineer
American Fork, UT
As a Backend Software Engineer (all levels) at Neighbor you will be building technology to power new sharing economy experiences. Join us in leveraging AWS, Google Vision AI, and more to create scalable, performant, automated systems to power the Neighbor.com marketplace.
We are looking for engineers who have experience building large scale applications. You will have significant influence on our strategy by helping to define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead best practices to create a quality product. A commitment to engineering excellence and building a world-class engineering startup is a must.
If you are someone who enjoys taking and having large ownership of your work, please reach out. Our mission is to revolutionize the $38B self-storage industry with technology.
- Architect, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve Neighbor.com’s APIs
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Develop DevOps processes and infrastructure
- Mentor new team members
- BS Degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building scalable systems
- Has built large products or applications - cloud applications a bonus
- Proficiency in AWS - RDS, VPC, SNS, SQS, Lambda, Redshift, S3, ...
- Experience with Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, or C++
- Understanding of SQL / relational databases
- Experience with server automation - Linux, Bash, Chef/Puppet, etc.