Neighbor Photographer - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA /
Neighbor is looking for a local photographer to help hosts make their space come to life. As a Neighbor photographer you will represent Neighbor throughout the Bay Area during the host onboarding experience.
Photographers are retained as independent freelancers and cover assignments within a 30-mile radius from their home location. We are looking to hire a photographer for the Los Angeles area. Please note this is not a traveling position. As freelancers, photographers are permitted to take on assignments from non-competing clients. Freelancers will not be engaged as employees, and will not be eligible for Neighbor employee compensation or benefits. You will be expected to work independently and manage your own time.
- Schedule photo appointments with Neighbor hosts
- Photograph host spaces, including unique details and street view (4-6 pictures per appointment)
- Educate hosts on Neighbor’s process (use of the Neighbor app, connect bank account, respond to renters)
- Encourage hosts to list additional spaces and refer potential hosts (bonus offered)
- Edit photos to meet Neighbor’s photography style
- Upload retouched jpgs to the Neighbor drive
- Communicate regularly with Neighbor’s Marketplace quality team
- Online portfolio of photography work featuring interior/architectural/editorial work
- Camera: Professional-grade DSLR/Mirrorless camera with Full-frame or APS-C sensor & resolution of 16+mp
- Lens: Ultra-wide zoom with a focal length range that includes 16-20mm (Full-frame) 10-12mm (APS-C)
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Internet connections suitable for uploading high resolution files
- Availability to take on 5-15 assignments per week within 30 miles of residence
- Powerful and professional interpersonal skills
- Punctual and organized
- Comfortable inviting hosts to publish additional spaces and inviting friends to the marketplace
- Excited about Neighbor’s values and mission
Neighbor is a marketplace where people with extra space in /around their home connect with people in need of storage. At 50% the cost of traditional self-storage, Neighbor provides affordable storage to renters and the ability for hosts to monetize unused space.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, VC-backed tech startup. You will be part of a fun, collaborative and inclusive team of innovative, talented, and motivated individuals.