Director of HR
Lehi, UT /
HR, Finance & Comms /
Neighbor is on a mission to create the future of storage. Our marketplace is used nationwide in all 50 states. We have attracted world-class investors such as Andreessen-Horowitz and the creators of Airbnb, Uber, StockX, and DoorDash.
We’re looking for a leading HR professional to report directly to the CEO. This is our first HR hire and represents a unique opportunity for an experienced HR professional to get in on the ground floor. We need to move fast, scale quickly and retain the trust of our users. There are opportunities for immediate impact.
The HR Director will be a hands-on HR professional who will execute and develop day-to-day operations associated with HR practices and processes across all functional areas including recruiting, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, and internal communications.
- Understand organizational needs: You will build and drive processes, policies, and workflows that are compliant, efficient, scalable, and reflect Neighbor’s values
- You will be responsible for enabling our managers to be the best in class, from setting expectations of managers to partnering with them as they manage and grow their organizations
- Own employee life-cycle: Strategize, reinvent, and execute onboarding, performance management, workforce planning and development, and off-boarding
- Coordinate total compensation: In partnership with the CEO, you will help to build our overall compensation philosophy
- Own benefits strategy: Set the strategy and implement dynamic and competitive benefit offerings to support Neighbor’s physical, behavioral, and financial wellness
- Own HR technology stack: Keep HR tools up to date and organized, including during onboarding and off-boarding
- Be a culture ambassador: Be an ambassador of the Neighbor culture and drive initiatives to constantly build upon and improve culture
- 4-5+ years as an HR profession in technology
- 2+ years of experience in a start-up environment or fast growing company.
- Strong working knowledge of all HR functional areas including recruiting, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits.
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Domain knowledge in the different areas of HR: Benefits, Organization Design, HRIS, and Compensation, Rewards and Retention
- Solid knowledge of HR compliance and regulations within the US.
- Ability to work on-site at our Lehi, UT location (with temporary remote flexibility during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- (Bonus): Previous experience working with executives.
- Stock options
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Infant care leave
- 401(k) plan
- On-site gym/showers open 24/7