Lehi, UT /
Neighbor is on a mission to create the future of storage. Our storage marketplace application is used nationwide. We have attracted world-class investors such as Andreessen-Horowitz, Fifth Wall, and the creators of Airbnb, Uber, and Doordash. We have just completed a $53M Series B fundraising round. We are building the world class product team we need to meet the challenge of growing our user base exponentially.
Working at Neighbor means taking responsibility for your own projects. We’ll expect you to constantly ask yourself how you can make the biggest impact, and then to go do it. We are hiring a designer who can take an abstract problem, research and analyze it, and produce a thoughtful solution.
If you’re interested in applying, here’s an FAQ to learn more about our UX team!
Unique things about our interview process
- We’re trying to build a highly skilled and diverse team. We welcome all portfolios.
- We don’t have design challenges in our interviews.
- 2+ years of UX experience. You've been around the block a couple of times.
- You have a portfolio of previous work available for review.
- You have a background in product design (UX/UI), ideally with a focus on mobile (not required)
- You’re comfortable organizing and tackling big projects, and can create definition from ambiguous problems.
- You have knowledge about and exposure to common UX research methods (including user testing, user interviews, etc.).
- You have a fundamental understanding of graphic design principles and visual design.
- You have an understanding of design systems, and are able to influence and support an existing design system.
- You can hustle and be flexible to meet the needs of a fast-paced startup.
- You can wear many hats when needed (illustrator, researcher, designer, etc).
- You have experience with design and prototyping tools (Figma preferred, but not necessary)
- You can work on-site at our Lehi, UT location (with temporary remote flexibility during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Seek out, taking ownership, and kick-start your own projects.
- Frequently conduct research and analysis to learn more about our products and customers.
- Create design interfaces to meet the needs of our customers.
- Support and facilitate a shared design system across web, iOS, and Android.
- Collaborate with engineers to support implementation of designs.
- Create illustrations, graphics, and icons to meet our brand style.
- Collaborate with other departments to represent the design team’s goals and values.
- (Bonus) Experience designing cross-platform for iOS, Android, and web.
- Stock options
- Medical and dental insurance options
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Infant care leave