National Operations Manager
Neighborly connects communities with capital to fund vital public projects like schools, libraries and parks, and next-generation infrastructure like fiber-optic broadband networks. A fast-growing, venture-backed startup at the intersection of tech, finance, and government, Neighborly develops technology that makes it easier for investors to direct their dollars towards the world positive projects that matter to them, and easier for communities to finance critical infrastructure by unlocking new sources of capital.
Neighborly strengthens communities by designing, financing, and building open access fiber-optic infrastructure. The unique approach accelerates the deployment of broadband infrastructure and reduces the burden on local governments. In the open access network model, the critical infrastructure is separated from the provision of service, so multiple ISPs and other providers can operate on a single, shared network. The open access concept results in infrastructure designed for the communities, upon which service providers compete to serve the community, with a goal of universal, affordable access for the end user.
The National Operations Manager will be responsible for the standards, vendor relations, and implementation of all operational and maintenance processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor network performance on a daily basis, reporting and addressing any issues
- Work with vendors to conduct postmortems regarding network outages
- Manage all network upgrade projects
- Test and turn-up of all network elements, working closely with the construction team to ensure speed and quality requirements are met
- Ensure proper integration between Operator and Provisioning partners
- 5+ years wide area FTTX network operations experience
- FTTX network element expertise
- Strong technical background
- OSS/BSS experience
- Strong communications skills
- Team management
- Vendor management
- Familiarity with SDN
- FTTX construction or engineering