Neighborly connects communities with capital to fund vital public projects like schools, libraries and parks, and next-generation infrastructure like fiber-optic broadband networks and solar microgrids. A fast-growing, venture-backed startup at the intersection of tech, finance, and government, Neighborly develops technology that makes it easier for investors to direct their dollars towards the world positive projects that matter to them.
Our software engineers design and build the service architecture that enables local governments to efficiently raise the money they need for public infrastructure, individual investors to direct their dollars toward public projects that matter to them, and investment institutions to leverage the best technology to maximize impact portfolios for their clients.
- You are hungry, humble and curious
- You have an intrinsic desire to learn new languages and frameworks that expand your stack and help the team build at breakneck speed
- You want a highly collaborative environment comprised of diverse subject matter experts in finance, government and tech
- You care about communities being able to build critical public projects that improve infrastructure and increase resilience
- You want to be part of the early stages of a company where everything you build matters!
What You'll Work On
- Our core web application that powers the auction platform and marketplace between borrowers and lenders.
- ETL and data visualization solutions that transform disparate sources of market and municipal data into actionable insights.
- Machine learning on market data to accurately price municipal bonds.
- Natural language processing and artificial intelligence systems that allow us to quickly cluster, understand, and generate legal documents.
- Experience with modern web frameworks like Ember, React, Vue etc.
- Strong experience with acceptance, integration and unit testing
- Passion for delivering good UI/UX
- Familiar with API specifications (such as JSONAPI and GraphQL)
- Passion for open source
Neighborly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain exceptionally high standards for talent and recognize that there are many paths to developing expertise. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you have the skills we need and the ambition to grow fast with us, that's all that matters.