San Francisco / New York
Neighborly is a fast-growing, venture-backed public finance startup headquartered in downtown San Francisco, with offices in New York and Kansas City. Positioned in the intersection of technology, finance and government, we develop exceptional technologies to radically modernize public finance, the $1 billion per-day, 200 year-old market that powers vital public projects like schools, parks, and next-generation infrastructure. Our solutions positively impact the operational efficiency of public finance, how our communities evolve, and how citizens participate in their democracy.
You’re an experienced public finance banker, municipal advisor, or issuer seeking new opportunities within the municipal finance industry. We’re a team of finance professionals and technologists dedicated to creating innovative solutions and technology for our issuer clients. At Neighborly, we believe in creating efficiency and transparency in the municipal bond market. Our Issuer Solutions Team is dedicated to working with issuers, municipal advisors, bond attorneys, and other industry professionals to develop new technologies to enhance the bond issuance and distribution process. If you believe that municipal bonds are an essential tool in the financing of public goods and want to join our team innovating how fixed-income securities are made, distributed, and managed, we would love to have you join our team.
What You'll Do
- Lead senior and co-managed deal teams in the execution of municipal bond financings.
- Work with Neighborly’s Capital Markets on the pricing of bond transactions.
- Drive decision making of the public finance team
- Work closely with Neighborly leadership to shape policy, including membership on the Municipal Underwriting Credit Committee
- Work with leading market professionals ranging from the largest of state municipal bond issuers to small communities who need more efficient access to capital
- Work with team of engineers to develop new tools to make available to issuers, municipal advisors, and other industry participants
- Represent Neighborly at industry events and conferences
- Focus on building technical and market understanding throughout the organization
- 5+ years of municipal finance experience at an issuer, as a public finance banker, issuer, or municipal advisor
- Ability to develop and execute a municipal bond financing, including working with deal team to develop terms of issuance, including structure, credit, pricing, and legal framework
- A broad and deep network of public finance industry relationships
- Track record of developing innovative and quantitative bond financing solutions for municipal issuer clients
- Proven management background and leadership capabilities
- Comfortable working with large and sophisticated municipal bond issuers
- Travel required
- Have passed the bar; hold or able to qualify for Series 7, 63, 53
- Experienced enough to know how the municipal industry operates today, ambitious enough to help make it more efficient and transparent in the future
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Working knowledge of “Green” or “ESG” bond criteria
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling background or experience
- Skills in reviewing, monitoring, and developing internal governing procedures and policies
- Legal background or experience
- Credit background or experience
- Experience in a startup environment or fintech company
- Passionate about the power of open data
Though we maintain exceptionally high standards for talent, Neighborly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you have the skills we need and the ambition to grow fast with us, that's all that matters.