National Construction Manager
Neighborly connects communities with capital to fund vital public projects like schools, libraries and parks, and next-generation infrastructure like fiber-optic broadband networks. A fast-growing, venture-backed startup at the intersection of tech, finance, and government, Neighborly develops technology that makes it easier for investors to direct their dollars towards the world positive projects that matter to them, and easier for communities to finance critical infrastructure by unlocking new sources of capital.
Neighborly strengthens communities by designing, financing, and building open access fiber-optic infrastructure. The unique approach accelerates the deployment of broadband infrastructure and reduces the burden on local governments. In the open access network model, the critical infrastructure is separated from the provision of service, so multiple ISPs and other providers can operate on a single, shared network. The open access concept results in infrastructure designed for the communities, upon which service providers compete to serve the community, with a goal of universal, affordable access for the end user.
We're looking for a National Construction Manager to oversee Neighborly’s fiber-to-the-home network deployments nationwide, working work with Engineering and Operations leads to ensure the end-to-end delivery of a robust, high quality network. This includes evaluating and managing all vendors, managing the necessary make ready work for pole attachments, and overseeing everything related to fiber, structure, and equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Network construction (including OSP & ISP) in region prior to local team stand up
- Develop and communicate National Construction standards via feedback loop with regions
- Create construction schedule templates
- Manage procurement with construction contractors
- Work with engineering to ensure proper communication channels between engineering and construction contractors
- 5+ years demonstrated experience managing fiber-to-the-home construction
- 5+ years Vendor Management
- Strong relationship with multiple industry contractors
- Procurement experience
- Network engineering experience
- Project Management