Senior Frontend Engineer
Neighborly connects communities with capital to fund vital public projects like schools, libraries and parks, and next-generation infrastructure like fiber-optic broadband networks and solar microgrids. A fast-growing, venture-backed startup at the intersection of tech, finance, and government, Neighborly develops technology that makes it easier for investors to direct their dollars towards the world positive projects that matter to them.
Our frontend engineers build web applications that enable clients such as community issuers, investors and banks to discover, issue and invest in public projects, leveraging the data layer provided by our backend services. Working closely with product and design, frontend engineers deliver elegant and efficient user experiences in multiple web applications to internal and external users.
As a senior frontend engineer, you will heavily influence choices of frontend technologies and design of user-facing features. You will also serve as a mentor to junior engineers, helping them to grow and develop.
- You are hungry, humble, and curious
- You have an intrinsic desire to learn new languages and frameworks that expand your stack and help the team build at breakneck speed
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment that spans diverse subject matter experts in finance, government, and tech
- You care about communities being able to build critical public projects that improve infrastructure and increase resilience
- You want to be part of the early stages of a company where everything you build matters!
What You'll Work On
- Collaborate with product and design to iterate on the design of user-facing features
- Develop web application features by leveraging open-source frameworks as well as building new technologies in house
- Define roadmap to strengthen technical foundation
- Coach and mentor junior frontend engineers
Why We Love to Work Here
- Mission driven and curious co-workers that we actually like to hang out with
- Freedom to get your work done the way you know best
- Awesome downtown offices in SF, NY, BOS, and KC
- Daily catered lunch and snacks
- Generous company support to ‘level up’ (professional development)
- Flexible remote work policy
- Unlimited vacation
- Experience with modern web frameworks like Ember, React, Vue etc.
- Strong experience with acceptance, integration and unit testing
- Passion for delivering good UI/UX
- Familiar with API specifications (such as JSONAPI and GraphQL)
- Passion for open source