Neighborly is a fast-growing, venture-backed startup headquartered in downtown San Francisco, with offices in Boston, New York, and Kansas City. Positioned at the intersection of technology, finance and government, Neighborly is modernizing public finance — reconnecting cities and public agencies with their constituents, and unlocking new sources of capital for infrastructure projects like schools, parks, community solar and municipal broadband. With Neighborly, residents can invest directly in their communities and the civic projects they care about. We are making the $1B dollar per day municipal bond market more efficient, transparent and accessible.
Our software engineers design and build the service architecture that enables local governments to efficiently raise the money they need for public infrastructure, individual investors to direct their dollars toward public projects that matter to them, and investment institutions to leverage the best technology to maximize impact portfolios for their clients.
- You are hungry, humble and curious
- You have an intrinsic desire to learn new languages and frameworks that expand your stack and help the team build at breakneck speed
- You want a highly collaborative environment comprised of diverse subject matter experts in finance, government and tech
- You care about communities being able to build critical public projects that improve infrastructure and increase resilience
- You want to be part of the early stages of a company where everything you build matters!
What You'll Work On
- Our core web application that powers the auction platform and marketplace between borrowers and lenders
- ETL and data visualization solutions that transform disparate sources of market and municipal data into actionable insights
- Machine learning on market data to accurately price municipal bonds
- Natural language processing and artificial intelligence systems that allow us to quickly cluster, understand, and generate legal documents
- You’re a full-stack generalist or backend engineer with CS training and strong appreciation for fundamentals. You learn fast and love to learn.
- You want to solve extremely hard problems in the realms of full-stack web development, data engineering, and artificial intelligence.
- We don't expect that you already have experience in our stack (Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Apache Spark, AWS, NoSQL), but we do require that you are able to pick up them quickly.
Neighborly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain exceptionally high standards for talent and recognize that there are many paths to developing expertise. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you have the skills we need and the ambition to grow fast with us, that's all that matters.