San Francisco / New York
At Neighborly you will build next-generation technology modernizing access to public finance, the $1 billion per day market that funds vital public projects like schools, parks, libraries, and roads.
What You'll Do
- Our core web application that powers the auction platform and marketplace between borrowers and lenders
- ETL and data visualization solutions that transform disparate sources of market and municipal data into actionable insights
- Machine learning on market data to accurately price municipal bonds
- Natural language processing and artificial intelligence systems that allow us to quickly cluster, understand, and generate legal documents
- You’re a full-stack generalist engineer with CS training and strong appreciation for fundamentals. You learn fast and love to learn. You want to solve extremely hard problems in the realms of full-stack web development, data engineering, and artificial intelligence. We don't expect that you already have experience in our stack (Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Apache Spark, AWS, NoSQL), but we do require that you are able to pick up them quickly. University degree from a top university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Symbolic Systems, or similar strongly preferred.
Neighborly is a fast-growing, venture-backed public finance startup headquartered in downtown San Francisco, with offices in New York and Kansas City. Our solutions positively impact the operational efficiency of public finance, how our communities evolve, and how citizens participate in their democracy.
Each day, our nation's cities borrow over $1 billion to finance critical public projects like schools, libraries, and neighborhood-scale microgrids. However, the complexity of global financial markets means that funding is becoming ever more expensive and distant from the real-world work it supports.
At Neighborly, you will work with premier technologists, financiers, and legal professionals with a group of advisors that include former senators, mayors, and top Silicon Valley entrepreneurs (founders of SoFi and Palantir) to fix the financial engine that impacts nearly every aspect of American life.
Though we maintain exceptionally high standards for talent, Neighborly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you have the skills we need and the ambition to grow fast with us, that's all that matters.