San Francisco / New York / Kansas City
Neighborly is a fast-growing, venture-backed public finance technology startup headquartered in downtown San Francisco with offices in New York and Kansas City, Missouri. We develop exceptional technologies to modernize access to public finance, the $1 billion per day market that powers vital public projects like schools, parks, and next generation infrastructure.
We're looking for an experienced product designer to help us cultivate the next generation of community investors and revolutionize the way we fund the places we live, work and play.
You will work closely with product designers, engineers and public finance experts to help define the future of user experience for the municipal bond market, creating compelling experiences that educate and empower our users to support the projects they care about. Your work will be a critical part of the Neighborly brand, helping to develop and maintain trust with our users.
The product team at Neighborly designs and markets innovative products that engage a broad range of audiences. We are a design-led, user-centered team that recognizes that our brand is the sum of every experience a customer has with us. To be successful, you will need to be agile and creative about developing new products, and have a strong vision for how to define and measure successful design. We’re looking for a natural collaborator who is at home working in cross-functional teams and is relentlessly focused on building long-term value for our users.
What You’ll Do
- Turn complex problems into simple, engaging customer experiences on the web, iOS and Android.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to build prototypes and test product ideas.
- Lead design research with users and internal teams to solve customer problems and identify new business opportunities.
- Lead usability testing of our products and synthesize learnings into design priorities.
- Work with the Chief Product Officer to understand user needs, product opportunities and define roadmap priorities.
- Work with the team to produce engaging multimedia communications design across a variety of platforms
- Extend and develop our design system and patterns as we build new features.
- Help build and promote design culture throughout the organization.
- Represent Neighborly at design industry events and conferences.
- Work in pairs and share your work frequently.
- 5+ years designing software products across the web, iOS and Android.
- Proven design leadership skills and ability to be an advocate for user experience.
- Ability to develop and prototype experiences from end to end, including qualitative research, leveraging user data to surface behavioral insights, wire aligning stakeholders and defining success metrics.
- Experience creating information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design. Ability to communicate interactions rapidly.
- Experience with iterative design methodologies and rapid development cycles.
- Strong knowledge and experience with HTML and CSS/SASS.
- Comfortable working with financial products and willing to invest in continuous subject matter education.
- Able to collaborate closely with other non-designers (engineers, data scientists, business team).
Additional preferred qualifications
- Experience designing a fintech, consumer finance or other regulated product.
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Experience designing native mobile applications.
- Mixed media background, experience with animations, film, sound, and production.
Though we maintain exceptionally high standards for talent, Neighborly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you have the skills we need and the ambition to grow fast with us, that's all that matters.