Senior Product Designer
Neighborly is a fast-growing, venture-backed public finance startup headquartered in downtown San Francisco, with offices in New York, Boston, and Kansas City.
Positioned at the intersection of technology, finance and government, we develop exceptional technologies to radically modernize public finance, the $1 billion per day, 200 year-old market that powers vital public projects like schools, parks, and next-generation infrastructure.
We’re looking for a collaborative, curious Senior Product Designer to help us take our core products and services to the next level in 2018, as well as lead and launch a few new initiatives with potential to change the shape of the marketplace.
Our product team is a design-led, user-centered, data-loving team that recognizes that our brand is the sum of every experience a customer has with us. We are agile and move quickly and creatively to bring new products to the market. We’re not afraid to get our hands dirty — we get into the analytics, we talk to our users and we ship code. We are passionate about democratizing this vital $3.8 trillion dollar market by creating better opportunities for investors and better financing options for issuers.
Come help us design the future of public finance.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a prototyping mindset and love to test your theories in a range of fidelities, iterating your way to greatness.
- You're not afraid of code, and have built static websites or dabbled in frontend frameworks.
- You are no stranger to designing with data, both quantitative and qualitative. Measuring and tracking the right things is important to you.
- You are always in pursuit of learning something new, whether that is a new skill or a new domain space. If you don’t know something, you will figure it out.
- You are a proactive, direct communicator who can express yourself clearly and efficiently no matter the medium.
- You are as comfortable discussing technical debt with the engineers or talking legal requirements with the business team as you are communicating with other designers.
- Lead internal and external product design initiatives for both sides of the marketplace.
- Partner with product, business, and engineering to deeply understand needs and develop digital products that deliver true value to both our customers and our business
- Develop and maintain design processes, standards, and practices that support cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience working in an early or mid-stage startup or in agile, cross-functional product development teams.
- Experience designing products across the product lifecycle, including new product launches.
- Experience with web development processes or better yet, you write front-end code yourself. You’re not afraid of the terminal and CSS.
- Experience designing for responsive web platforms.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Proficiency with common analytical tools to understand user behavior (such a Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Segment, etc) or experience running user research initiatives.
- Working knowledge of the fundamental concepts of investing, finance and economics - especially fixed income.
- Experience designing products in a regulated industry, preferably consumer finance, fintech, or a parallel field.
Though we maintain exceptionally high standards for talent, Neighborly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you have the skills we need and the ambition to grow fast with us, that's all that matters.