Capital Markets Solutions
San Francisco / New York / Kansas City
Neighborly is a fast-growing, venture-backed public finance startup headquartered in downtown San Francisco, with offices in New York and Kansas City. Positioned in the intersection of technology, finance and government, we develop exceptional technologies to radically modernize public finance, the $1 billion per-day, 200 year-old market that powers vital public projects like schools, parks, and next-generation infrastructure. Our solutions positively impact the operational efficiency of public finance, how our communities evolve, and how citizens participate in their democracy.
We're looking for a talented and experienced municipal bond underwriter, trader, or sales professional to join the Neighborly Securities’ Capital Markets Solutions team. This leadership and principal position will be responsible for working with the Head of Capital Markets to price negotiated and competitive underwritings for our municipal clients and to help develop innovative technology to enhance bond distribution and improve transparency and efficiency in the municipal bond market. We are looking for someone to work with our Issuers Solutions team and exceptional squad of San Francisco based engineers, data scientists, designers, to help reinvent the future of public finance. If you believe that municipal bonds are an essential tool in the financing of public goods and want to join our team innovating how fixed-income securities are made, distributed, and managed, we would love to have you join our team.
What You’ll Do
- Lead underwrite senior and co-managed municipal bond transactions.
- Supervise the proprietary trading group.
- Drive decision making of the public finance team that includes the CEO, Head of Public Finance, Head of Capital Markets, Chief Product Officer and Chief Technology Officer.
- Work closely with Neighborly management in policy decisions, including membership on the Municipal Underwriting Credit Committee.
- Work with leading market professionals, including major institutional investors registered investment advisors,the largest of state municipal bond issuers and the smaller cities and counties that access capital through the municipal market.
- Help oversee syndicate and municipal operations.
- Represent Neighborly at industry events.
- Focus on building technical and market understanding throughout the organization
- 5+ years as a negotiated and/or competitive municipal underwriter, a municipal sales representative and/or a trader.
- Have passed the bar; hold or able to qualify for Series 7, 63, 53 and 24.
- Strong understanding of municipal bond pricing.
- Skills in reviewing, monitoring, and developing internal governing procedures and policies.
- Experienced in communicating with MSRB, FINRA and the SEC.
- Strong understanding of risk, trading and municipal operations, including settlement and committing balance sheet.
- Proven management background and leadership capabilities.
- Comfortable working with issuer clients.
- A broad and deep network of public finance industry contacts.
- Experienced enough to know how the municipal industry operates today, but with a strong desire to make it more efficient and transparent in the future.
- Travel required
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Credit background or experience.
- Knowledge of other fixed-income asset classes.
- Experience with a self-clearing broker-dealer.
- Experience in a startup environment or fintech company.
- Passionate about the power of open data.
Though we maintain exceptionally high standards for talent, Neighborly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you have the skills we need and the ambition to grow fast with us, that's all that matters.