San Francisco / New York / Kansas City
Neighborly is a fast-growing, venture-backed public finance startup headquartered in downtown San Francisco, with offices in New York and Kansas City. Positioned in the intersection of technology, finance and government, we develop exceptional technologies to radically modernize public finance, the $1 billion per-day, 200 year-old market that powers vital public projects like schools, parks, and next-generation infrastructure. Our solutions positively impact the operational efficiency of public finance, how our communities evolve, and how citizens participate in their democracy.
You’re a talented brokerage operations professional with the experience to lead many aspects of our public finance and brokerage team. You have enough experience to understand how today’s world works, and enough drive to help make it work much better. You’ll have the opportunity to work with and train our exceptional team of Silicon Valley engineers to help revolutionize fixed income trading, clearing, and settlement by developing new approaches to brokerage operations.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with our team to ensure clearing and processing of trades is seamless and fully compliant
- Work with talented engineers to technologize and automate clearing and account processes
- Work with a broad range of market professionals, from major institutional investors and the largest municipal bond issuers, to retail investors, and smaller communities who need more efficient access capital
- Build a collaborative public finance and operations culture
- Lead regular and annual compliance review and keep firm abreast of regulatory changes
- 5+ years securities market operations experience, preferably fixed income
- Deep understanding of risk, trading, and full spectrum of municipal securities operations including settlement
- Crisp attention to detail
- Experience working with outside clearing firms such as Pershing or Hilltop
- Skills in reviewing, monitor, and developing internal governing procedures and policies
- Fluency communicating with MSRB, FINRA, SEC, and other trade reporting & regulatory entities
- Experienced enough to know how the industry operates today, ambitious enough to help improve how it works in the future
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of self-clearing operations
- Experience as a regulator or compliance officer
- Experience in a startup environment
- Passionate about the power of open data
- Additional municipal bond industry experience
Though we maintain exceptionally high standards for talent, Neighborly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you have the skills we need and the ambition to grow fast with us, that's all that matters.