Product Manager - Investor Experience
Neighborly connects communities with capital to fund vital public projects like schools, libraries and parks, and next-generation infrastructure like fiber-optic broadband networks and solar microgrids. A fast-growing, venture-backed startup at the intersection of tech, finance, and government, Neighborly develops technology that makes it easier for investors to direct their dollars towards the world positive projects that matter to them.
We're looking for a hands-on, data-driven Product Manager to lead our investors team. Neighborly employs a focused, technology-powered strategy to screen and select investments for our clients — matched to their financial and impact goals. Our investors span every state and every income bracket; some manage millions of dollars on behalf of their clients.
Come help us develop and implement solutions to meet the needs of our diverse investor base, from individual investors supporting their local community to impact-driven advisers and institutions who are deploying capital to drive better outcomes. You will work closely with engineers, designers, and our experienced finance team to help define and shape our investor-facing product, content and marketing strategies.
Our product team is design-led, user-centered, and data-focused. We recognize that our brand is the sum of every experience an investor has with us. We are agile and creative in our approach to bringing new products to market. We’re not afraid to get our hands dirty — we get into the analytics, we talk to our users, and we ship code. We’re looking for a natural collaborator who is at home working in cross-functional teams and relentlessly focused on building long-term value for investors.
Neighborly is headquartered in downtown San Francisco, with offices in Boston and New York.
- Partner with engineers and designers to ideate, prioritize, scope and deliver great solutions for our investors
- Collect complicated product and business requirements for sophisticated, technically-challenging, highly-regulated investor-facing products
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Build and maintain timelines, project plans, and documentation to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Coordinate within your team and among teams at Neighborly to ensure alignment around key objectives
- Experience managing products across the customer lifecycle, including new product launches
- Experience managing products in a regulated industry, preferably consumer finance or financial technology
- Experience collaborating and communicating with agile cross-functional teams, working closely with designer and engineers to ship innovative products
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop data-informed insights in complex landscapes
- Enough technical proficiency to work closely with software engineers, and identify and understand technical risks
Additional preferred qualifications
- Working knowledge of the fundamental concepts of investing, finance and economics
- Proficiency with common analytical tools to understand user behavior (such as google analytics, mixpanel, segment, etc)
- Experience writing or editing content, especially content in a technical, highly regulated industry, like consumer finance, or financial technology
- Experience with basic web development processes – you’re familiar with github, you’re not afraid of the terminal and you’ve poked around in HTML and CSS
- Experience working in an early or mid-stage startup environment
Neighborly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain exceptionally high standards for talent and recognize that there are many paths to developing expertise. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you have the skills we need and the ambition to grow fast with us, that's all that matters.