Software Engineer, Rust & TypeScript (m/w/d)
Nelly is a cutting-edge healthcare payments company, revolutionizing medical practice workflows with its patient check-in and check-out software. Our dynamic team of industry experts has a passion for tech- and data-driven innovation and is dedicated to providing efficient solutions.
We are well-financed with 20m in venture capital from world-class investors such as Lakestar, GFC, BTOV, and Motive Partners.
Join us at our stunning office with a river view near Berlin's iconic museum island and contribute to shaping the future of healthcare payments.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Integrations team. Our Integrations team is responsible for building connections between different practice management systems and Nelly backend systems. Working in the Integrations team means building and maintaining backend systems written in TypeScript which are consumed by applications written in Rust. Due to the nature of practice management systems being on site in the practice and limited in resources, we are heavily invested in Rust due to platform agnostic features and performance.
We want you to have both. At Nelly, we want our team to be healthy, happy, and provided with all the resources they need. We value individuality, talent and personality. We stand for teamwork at eye level. We challenge and encourage each other. We work with passion and courage.
- Customer obsession
- Start small - learn fast
- Nice people only
- Let the team shine
- Feedback is a gift
- Less is more
- Be proactive
What you’ll get to do
- Own features through their entire lifetime from problem formulation to solution delivery.
- Designing and building systems which are performant and secure.
- Work with modern TypeScript and Rust.
- Making a significant contribution to defining, maintaining and improving our architecture and best practices.
- Providing support for other team members through code review, pairing and mentoring.
What you'll bring
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience working with or eagerness to learn Rust.
- Strong data and API modeling skills.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- It would be a plus if you have experience with cloud infrastructure providers like AWS and security best practices.
- Proficiency in English, German knowledge is a big plus.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Top of the line working equipment.
- Generous budget for learning and development activities.
- 30 days of paid vacation and workation possibility.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work mode..
- Cozy office in the city center.
- BVG Ticket or Swapfiets subscription.
- Urban Sports membership.
Nelly is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equality, and inclusion. All employment decisions are
made on the basis of qualification, experience, and business need.