Engineering Manager (m/w/d)
Nelly is a cutting-edge healthcare payments company, revolutionizing medical practice workflows with its patient check-in and check-out software. Our dynamic team of industry experts has a passion for tech- and data-driven innovation and is dedicated to providing efficient solutions. Join us at our stunning office with a river view near Berlin's iconic museum island and contribute to shaping the future of healthcare payments.
About the role
As an Engineering Manager at Nelly, you will be responsible for hiring and managing a team of highly skilled engineers. You will lead and mentor a team of engineers from diverse backgrounds and across different levels of experience while still staying close to code.
This is a hands-on role where you are expected to balance people management, cross-functional leadership, and coding.
What you’ll get to do
- Inspire, lead and grow a high performing team of 3-8 software engineers.
- Together with the product owner you define the strategic direction and vision of the team.
- You contribute/establish the right Engineering practices with the team to improve quality and time-to-market.
- You’ll continue to work closely with the code and make informed decisions while you identify technical risks.
- Play a key role in helping us continue to attract, develop and retain great engineering talent.
What you'll bring
- A proven track record of successfully leading teams and delivering new products.
- Experience at developing, mentoring and growing a high performing team.
- A desire to spend a significant percentage of your time close to the code.
- You have several years of hands-on experience in designing and developing software products with one or more languages.
- Professional experience working with public cloud providers (either AWS, Azure or GCP).
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Top of the line working equipment.
- Generous budget for learning and development activities.
- 30 days of paid vacation.
- Flexible working hours which includes work from home options.
- Transportation ticket or option to rent a bike.
- Gym membership.
Nelly is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equality, and inclusion. All employment decisions are
made on the basis of qualification, experience and business need.